AirPort Express compatibility (disconnections)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-28 17:04:37
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Ok here's the problem. When i connect my TAPO C320ws camera to an apple airport express access point after around 30 min my camera disconnects and i have to reboot it to connect again. My wifi signal strength with the airport express is around -51(RSSI) and the airport express is configured in bridge mode. When I turn off the airport express and connect my camera with my wifi router, brand ZTH model ZXHN H268N the connection is solid despite the wifi signal strength being worse with the ZTE due it is positioned farther around -69(RSSI). So is their an incompatibility with this camera and apple airport express?  And if so any solutions? Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Options
4 Reply
Re:AirPort Express compatibility (disconnections)
2023-02-01 03:31:22

Hi  @darios65 

Thank you for the feedback. I did not receive any feedback about the compatibility issue with AirPort Express and Tapo camera. May i know what's the led status on the camera when it disconnects?

What's the model of the main router? Does it have the same SSID as the Airport Express and the ZTH router?

Did you configure the ZTH router to access point (bridge) mode as well when performing the test?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-02-01 16:37:10

Hi  @Wayne-TP 

Led status is solid red when it disconnects. My main router is the ZTE which is also wireless and it is connected with the airport express via ethernet cable (I use the airport express to extend my wifi range). The SSID names on the ZTE router and on the airport are the same. When i perfomed the test with the ZTE router I switched off the airport express and left only the ZTE on and since it is my main router it is not configuerd in bridge mode.

Options
2023-02-02 09:24:25

@darios65 

Thanks for the reply.  Since the ZTE router and airport express broadcast the same SSID, it is possible that the camera tried to connect to the ZTE router but failed to establish the connection, and failed to reconnect the airport express as well, causing the offline problem. In addition, Tapo C320WS only supports 2.4GHz, if it switches to the 5GHz network, the camera will go offline too. 

Can you try to rename the SSID of the airport express and setup the wireless network to 2.4GHz only for a test?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-05-31 17:44:05

It appears that there might be an incompatibility between your Tapo C320ws camera and the Apple AirPort Express access point. To address the issue, you can try updating the firmware, changing the wireless channel, or resetting the Airpods Express. If the problem persists, contacting the support teams of Tapo and Apple for further assistance is recommended.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 4