Controlling shared TAPO devices via Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-07 16:26:21
Model: Tapo P100   Tapo L510B  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

I have set up three P100 switches and shared them with my wife. On her phone I have set up two switches and a P510 bulb and she has shared them with me.

On our phones using the Tapo App, we both have control of all six devices as expected.

However, in the Alexa app on my phone, it only shows the devices that were set up using my Tapo account, not the ones shared with me. On my wife's Alexa, it can only control the devices set up on her account, not the ones I've shared with her.

Is there anything I can do with the Tapo skill on Alexa to allow it to see and control devices shared with it?

My alternative is to remove all the devices from my account, reinstall them on my wife's account and then her Amazon Echo will be able to control them all intstead of only three.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Controlling shared TAPO devices via Alexa
2023-02-08 08:16:14

@FleetFoot 

I don't think Alexa can recognize the shared devices since they're not under the same tplink account. If i remember correclty, alexa can only bound one tapo account at a time?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 241

Replies: 1