Looking to add my Smart Plug to Immersion Heater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-16 11:05:17
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6

Hi I hope someone will have an answer to this.

Currently we have an old boiler in the house which we have to turn on and off manually.

When the Boiler is turned on it heats the water and radiators at the same time not separately.

However we also has a cylinder upstairs which stores the hot water with a 3000W/240v immersion heater just to heat up the water on electrics. So in effect wont heat the house at the same time.

My plan was to plug in the Tapo P110 between the immersion heater and Switched Spur Plug by adding a Wall plug socket. and then adding a plug to the immersion heater which will go into the P110 so I can turn it on and off witha timer.

Now the specs on the box show 2990W 13/A (UK Version)

Would it be safe to do what I am doing. the supply would be 10W Higher through what is rated on the Tapo P110. 

Just worried it would overheat and melt and then I'd have a new problem indecision

Options
1 Reply
Re:Looking to add my Smart Plug to Immersion Heater
2023-02-17 09:27:06

@PowerHour 

It is definitely NOT safe to use electrical appliances that exceed the maximum load of the plug. If abnormalities occur during use, it may cause its rated current to rise and burn out the plug.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 1

Related Articles