P110 powering off on its own

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-04 13:28:02 - last edited 2023-03-04 13:29:24
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.6 Build 221114 Rel.203339

Hi,

It seems all of my P110 sockets have now suffered the same malfunction on the last two days. Yesterday and today approximately at the same time (around 3pm) all of the sockets power off at the same time. All of the plugs are around the house behind different fuses and they (fuses) do not trigger. I have restarted my WiFi router (yesterday) but it does not seem to have any effect on this. I have not changed anything on my network or P100 setup since installing them 3 months ago.

Br. FCzr

"S" in IoT stands for security.
Options
3 Reply
Re:P110 powering off on its own
2023-03-06 09:47:21

@FCzr 

Hello, thank you for raising this concern. Here are some tips that might help with this problem, check it and let us know how it works.

1. Check if there are any schedule and smart action (automation, shortcut) rules created for the plug in the Tapo APP. 

2. If you have Google Home, Alexa, or other smart home systems that are linked with Tapo, check if there is any automation or routine created in their APP. 

3. Reset and reconfigure one plug, give it a different device name and do not create any rules for it. Test if the problem still occurs on this plug. 

If the problem still exists, please share your TP-Link ID and the Mac address of your P110 to me via PM, we'll help to look into it!

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-03-18 12:54:52

Hi,

It seems that the problem was solved via enabling Internet access to the plugs (I blocked their access to the public Internet some weeks earlier).

Which is kind of annoying as I specifically would not want them to be accessible from the Internet.

None the less the problem is now solved.

Br. C

"S" in IoT stands for security.
Options
2023-03-20 07:08:44

@FCzr 

In order to synchronize the correct time, internet access is needed for the schedule feature. Without internet access, the schedule feature is functional unless the plug loses power or disconnects from wifi, which will interrupt plug's existing time calculation.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 468

Replies: 3

Related Articles