timestamp metadata for concatenated MP4 files

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-16 01:52:49
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have downloaded all the MP4 files for a particular day by removing the SD card and putting it into the card reader on my laptop.

When I look at the motion detection clips in the Tapo App, I see a lot of events recorded on that day (160+) On the SD card, I found 14 video files which are each about 26 minutes long, so it looks the MP4 files are getting concatenated.

However, I would like to identify in the concatenated video where one clip ends and another clip starts. The app knows the time at which each event started. Where is the camera storing this information? Is it part of the MP4 metadata, like a chapter break or something? I'd like to split up the files into separate events.

I see the option within the app to record a clip within the app memory, but it isn't practical to do this for 7 hours of video.

Thanks,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 120

Replies: 0

Related Articles