My Tapo c 200 is showing continuous red light and remains offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-19 06:42:08
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Im using tapo c210. I have 2 c210 units in our house. The first one i bought works just fine. 

Last week I ordered a new one since I thought c100 is a good security camera. I have reset and rebooted the unit multiple times. reseated the power cord, and even plugging it to other outlet. The unit works in the first 1 hour but after that, the camera disconnects, it shows offline in the app, then the unit itself is stuck in red light. Please provide other steps on how to resolve this. Thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:My Tapo c 200 is showing continuous red light and remains offline
2023-03-20 09:17:45

@shreehari 

Can you confirm the model and hardware version of the problem camera? Is it C210 or C100? How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device

Was there anything before you notice this problem? Like a power outage, firmware update failure?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-06-23 12:27:36

@Wayne-TP 

I have same issue. I bought a new c210 today and it worked for the first 10 minutes or so after initial setup, then when I checked it a few hours later, it said "offline" on the app. The IR leds inside the front of camera are on but no other lights. 

I tried holding reset button for 10 seconds but it did nothing. I unplugged power for over half an hour and powered it up and it's still the same.

Options
2023-06-25 09:41:20

@Basshead 

For this issue, please refers to the solution here:  What to do if my Tapo Camera gets bricked or doesn't respond to a factory reset?

Were you updating the camera? If the camera was unplugged during the firmware update, it may damage the device. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-06-25 10:24:33

@Wayne-TP 

I wasn't manually updating the firmware and I recall seeing the firmware auto-update in settings at 3 or 4am and didn't change it. It might've had a power outage but I doubt it would've been any different to manually switching off the power.

I've also contacted the retailer I purchased it from for a warranty replacement.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 840

Replies: 4

Related Articles