KS230 kit - can't finish set up, amber Wi-Fi light stays lit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-25 18:20:24 - last edited 2023-03-25 18:22:08
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I can't seem to get through the initial set up of my KS230 3-Way dimmer kit.  I have triple checked the wiring and everything seems to be connected properly however, when I attempt to set up the switches, I can't make it past the 1st step of connecting the main switch to my network.  When I turn the power back on at the circuit breaker, the main dimmer LED lights up solid amber but it doesn't get to the next step where it blinks amber and green.  Also, it looks like only some (not all) of the small lights on the top of the switch indicating the dimmer setting light up.  The 4 lights on the left side all light up but only the last two of the 4 lights on the right side lit up.  In other words, the dimmer setting lights look like this (o means lit, x means unlit): ooooxxoo.  I've tried resetting the switch multiple times but that does nothing.  Also, the switches do not manually control (on/off) the lights. Any suggestions?  Does this mean my main dimmer switch is defective?

Options
2 Reply
Re:KS230 kit - can't finish set up, amber Wi-Fi light stays lit
2023-03-26 23:05:19

@gpalbert  I thought I was the only one with this issue. The firmware update interfer with the set up. I had the hvac contractor and general contractor checkbthe connections. Something is a problem. I got 1 3way installed 2 weeks ago.

Options
Re:KS230 kit - can't finish set up, amber Wi-Fi light stays lit
2023-03-28 02:15:42

@gpalbert  I called an electrician and have new switches. Did you find a solution?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 382

Replies: 2

Related Articles