C420 Camera battery issue (drop 1% each hour)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-06 11:46:04 - last edited 2023-04-06 11:47:11
Tags: #Firmware #Battery
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

I bought 2 sets of C420S2, which are good and battery life is good as well. But after upgraded to firmware 1.2.6. one of the camera battery drop 1% in each hour while normally it should be dropped 1% in one or two days given that each camera capture the motion and recording 3-4 times per day. 

I check all setting, just as normal as before and strange that only one camera battery got this issue. I also tried reaet the camera but battery issue still there, anyone can help?

Else I will return it back to TP Link as the battery now can support for few days instead of 180 days for the camera. Feel sad about it.

Options
3 Reply
Re:C420 Camera battery issue (drop 1% each hour)
2023-04-07 01:58:11

@Sheepson 

Thank you for the feedback. May I know where is the problem camera installed? Indoors or outdoors? Does other cameras have the same issue?

Please check what's the wake-up sensitivity (Camera Settings->Detection&Alerts->Wake-up Sensitivity) of this camera, try to adjust it to below 5 and check if that makes any difference. 

Can you share a picture of the camera Battery Status here? (Camera Settings->Battery Status)

To better assist with this problem, we will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting this issue. Please check your email box later and confirm.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-04-20 21:06:19 - last edited 2023-04-20 21:08:49

@Sheepson 

That's interesting you are saying that I am having the same issue

I've had to charge one of the batteries once already only bought last month the other battery is holding well and has more power on the it than the other battery which I've had to charge once already

both cameras are getting the same hits and have the same settings

any idea whats causing it

File:
Screenshot_20230420_220706_Tapo.jpgDownload
Options
2023-04-24 06:59:01 - last edited 2023-04-25 07:58:22

@run3km 

Hello! Thanks for the feedback. Can you check what's the hardware and firmware version of this C420 and the hub H200? How to find the hardware and firmware version of my TP-Link device

Was the battery of this camera fully charged before use? If not, do you remember what the initial battery charge was?

Is this camera placed indoors or outdoors? Is the camera facing directly to any light source, heat source, or glass? 

Try to put this cam and other C420s in the same position (shooting the same scene) and see if the battery consumption changes.

Edit: If the problem remains, please refer to this Solution Re:C420 awful battery life-Solution and send an email to us for further assistance. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 974

Replies: 3

Tags

Firmware
Battery
Related Articles