L530 bulb white light is still blue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-10 14:51:39

The default settings for our Tapo L530E is a bright white light. However, just tonight it turned blue and won't turn to white no even when being adjusted via app. I tried resetting but still won't fix. Does it need replacement now? Been using this since August 2021 so just barely 2 years. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:L530 bulb white light is still blue
2023-04-11 09:46:13

@Yownifame 

Hi,
Thank you for the case report! To locate the problem, please help provide the following information for further analysis.
1. The firmware and hardware version of the Tapo L530E. Please send me the MAC address of the bulb via PM.
2. A video shows the detailed problem phenomenon.
3. Any changes in the network environment, and then the problem happens?
4. If you can provide the time when the problem starts to happen, which is highly appreciated!

Best Regards

Options
2023-04-11 15:11:20

@Solla-topee 

Hello! I sent you a message with the details. I can't attach a video, though due to some error.

But here's an image on how it looks like when using white light with color temperature above 2700k.

At color temperature exactly 2700k, the bulb turns off (no light at all).

Color temperature lower than 2700k, color turns yellow/orange.

File:
image.jpgDownload
Options
2023-04-12 09:17:37

@Yownifame 

Hi,

In this case, the bulb may have a problem, and you can contact the TP-Link local support to judge if your product is under warranty.
Here is the contact info: https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support
Best Regards

Options
2023-04-23 15:21:11

@Yownifame 

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Tapo L530E bulb. If resetting the bulb did not resolve the issue, then it's possible that the bulb may need to be replaced. Before you do so, however, there are a few things you can try:

1. Make sure that the bulb is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network and that it is properly paired with the app. You can try unpairing and then re-pairing the bulb to the app to see if this resolves the issue.

2. Check if the bulb's firmware is up to date. You can do this through the app, and if there is an available update, try updating the firmware and see if this fixes the problem.

3. If the above steps do not work, try using a different device to control the bulb, such as another smartphone or tablet. This can help you determine if the issue is with the bulb or with the device you are using to control it.

If none of the above steps work, then it may be time to consider replacing the bulb.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 602

Replies: 4