TAPO sockets link to Google Home being lost everyday,

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-03 11:03:04
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 220720 Rel. 163239

I have been looking for answers to this problem, and have seen lots that have the same issue, but no logical, or even fixed answers.  I have had my Google home device controlling my 4 TAPO P100 sockets to allow me to switch the lights on around my house, and have setup a routine on the Google Home app as a securoity measure to switch lights on at a set time. All has been working fine for over a year, I have just changed my router so did all the good reconnect bits to work with new router, and now everyday, at the time set I get my Google telling me there is a problem and only 1 device has been activated, so again I do the "reconnect to TAPO Account" and then it works, but next day, again I get the same, so you can't blame the new router it must be something happening between TAPO and Google.  So how do I fix it, or do I throw the damn things away 

Options
3 Reply
Re:TAPO sockets link to Google Home being lost everyday,
2023-05-05 08:16:10

@Coadhall 

Hello, thanks for the feedback. For this issue, here are some information we would like to confirm with you. 

1. Did you enable the routine in the APP? Or with Voice command? Try to test another way if you only used one. 

2. Try to control the Tapo plug individually with Google Home, see if it works. Note: Test both APP and voice commands. 

3. Can you control the plugs with Tapo APP remotely at that time?

What's the model of your new router? Besides that, do you have any network extension devices? Such as range extender, access point, etc. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-05-05 13:08:44

@Wayne-TP Hi thanks for the reply. I set up direct though the Google Home app and things are getting worse, at first it only talked with 2 of the 4 plugs, now it tells me it cannot talk with the TAPO system at all.  My router is a BT smart Hub 2 with an extender disc upstairs.

I can control the plugs with the TAPO app, and if I select the "re-connect to TAPO" through settings in the Google HOme app all works fine, and the lights shuit off at the set time, but it loses all knwledge of them next cycle.

If I use the google home app to control individual plugs it only works after I reconnect through the "Works with Google" selection a the link has gone.

Options
2023-05-08 06:07:42

@Coadhall 

Thanks for the reply. We would like to escalate your case to the support engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox later and respond.    

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 256

Replies: 3

Related Articles