Hard Reset for P100 switch doesn't clear old scheduled actions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-05 08:25:19
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've got a very odd problem - I've moved houses and despite resetting my Tapo P100 switch to factory defaults, it still retains the old schedule from the old house (i use it to control a floor lamp), despite it behaving like a new switch in all other respects (the Schedule page is empty). So what it does, it turns on automatically at 7pm and switches off at 7am which is what i used to run it as, despite the aforementioned schedule page being empty. 

Anyone else have this problem? If so how did you resolve it?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Hard Reset for P100 switch doesn't clear old scheduled actions
2023-05-08 03:22:33

@Sqfg 

Hello, thanks for the feedback. Do you have Alexa or Google Home device? Try to check if there is any schedule or routine that might trigger the smart plug. 

If the device name of this P100 is the same as the old one, try to change a new name and re-link Tapo with Alexa and Google Home. 

Please ensure the device firmware and the Tapo APP are both updated. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-05-08 03:49:38

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks for the reply - i do not run Alexa or Google home. 

For further clarity: I actually have more than 1 P100. I have quite a few, but this only happens to my V1.0 hardware P100's.

I have hardware versions V1.20.0 and also V2 P100 and this behaviour does not occur on these two hardware versions. 

The V1.0's I have run 1.3.6 Build 20210827 firmware

The V1.20's I have run 1.5.16 Build 20230224

The V2's I have run 1.1.0 Build 220720

All of which I believe are indeed the latest. 

Not a big deal at the end of the day as they are fairly cheap devices but it would be nice if i could use them all (have taken all the hardware V1.0's offline until i find a solution)

Options
2023-05-09 08:23:38

@Sqfg 

Do you have more than one P100 1.0 as well? Try to configure them to the guest network, and give them a name that has never been used before.

Leave it on the default settings, don't create any schedule, away mode, or smart action settings. Test if this problem still occurs. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 3

Related Articles