Tapo C320WS with Google Home - Voice notifications toggle

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-17 06:20:33 - last edited 2023-05-17 06:36:37
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I just found on Google Community that the voice notifications toggle on Google Home will be available if Tapo will allow this feature:

Google Nest Community

Can anyone from TPLink community knows how the toggle be available via voice command?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo C320WS with Google Home - Voice notifications toggle
2023-05-18 07:21:31

@MPdotcom 

Hello! May I know what kind of voice notification you are referring to? Tapo camera does not have voice notification, the motion detection or the firmware update information is sent via APP notification. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-05-18 08:51:43

@Wayne-TP 

Voice notification toggle is on Google Home app. According to Google community, this feature is dependent on Tapo if they will allow this feature to be utilized by google using voice assistant

Options
2023-05-26 11:04:56

@MPdotcom 

Can you specify what you want to achieve with this feature? Would you like Google to provide voice announcements when the camera detects motion?

Or do you simply want to use Google voice control to disable the voice notification option without having to manually disable it in the Google Home app? That is the original question from the user in the Google community post you provided. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-05-26 11:55:12

@Wayne-TP 

Google home can do this without issue, my concern is that I want to toggle on/off the voice notification via custom/voice command

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 312

Replies: 4