Unable to pair App with HS100(UK)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-17 18:51:51
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I recently obtained an additional HS100 smart plug from a friend which had previously been used. I have done a factory reset and tried to pair with my Kasa app (V3.3253). I have two other HS100 succesfully paired on that app.

When I try to pair the additional HS100 I get the message "Obtaining IP" followed by "Connected" then very quickly after I get an error "Something went wrong - unable to select device.  

I have succesfully paired the other devices with my phone (Honor 8X, Android version 10) .

I have followed theadvice on here and can confirm that I am not running a VPN on the phone.

Can you please advise on what may be wrong.

Thnaks,

David.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to pair App with HS100(UK)
2023-05-18 07:50:08

@David-W 

Hi David,
Generally, you can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if you fail to set up the Kasa device.
What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information.
1. Please check the LED status on the HS100.
2. Who is your ISP? What's the model number of your router? Please check if your router has enabled MAC Filtering, Access Control, Firewall, etc. settings that may block the new device to connect.
3. Turn off the 5G Wi-Fi band on your router, ensure the Wi-Fi name and password has no special characters, and change the wireless security type to WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK for a try.
4. Try to connect the HS100 to a hotspot Wi-Fi from your phone. If it can connect successfully, update the firmware to the latest one, and then reset it and check if it can connect to the router's Wi-Fi.

Best Regards

Options
2023-05-22 18:12:10

@David-W 

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I already have two HS-100 smart switches configured on my app and using my WiFi.

The problem is that the configuration sequence does connect to the device, but immediately displays the error message "Something went wrong - unable to select device". What does this mean? The app just hangs after this message.

Thanks,

David.

Options
2023-05-23 11:33:43

@David-W 

Hi David,
I have not seen this error message before, to solve the problem, I'd like to escalate your case to the tech team, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.    

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 221

Replies: 3

Related Articles