2 ringers, do I get 2 smart hubs or is there another option, also can I get alarm on phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2 ringers, do I get 2 smart hubs or is there another option, also can I get alarm on phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-22 13:03:31

So I have a Tapo H100 smart hub/switch and a Tapo S200B which I am using as a doorbell. 

I would like a second ring so when I press the bell both ring.  Can I set this up?

Also, I would also like an alarm on my phone if the doorbell is pressed.  Not just a notification, which is easy to miss.  Is this possible?

Also, how would this work with Samsung Smarthings App?  The Taps light strip I have works fine, is this the same for the ringer and switch?

As I noticed the switch is IP00, which is really no liquid/particle protection at all.  A bit disappointing.  It will be in a porch but I will have to talk nicely to the wind and rain to make sure it stays well clear of this.  Is there an app for this :).

Options
1 Reply
Re:2 ringers, do I get 2 smart hubs or is there another option, also can I get alarm on phone
2023-05-30 02:59:25

@ftwig 

By adding a new Tapo hub, you can receive alarms on two hubs when the S200B is pressed by creating a smart action rule. How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Custom notification sound is not available. You can start a new post on the Feature Request block if you want to see this feature implemented on the Tapo APP. 

Tapo S200B and H100 do NOT support Smartthings. 

As for the IP rating of the S200B, I've sent feedback to the related team and they will correct the information on Amazon as soon as possible. The Tapo S200B has a certain degree of water and splash resistance, but it is not suitable for use in fully exposed outdoor environments. It is recommended to install the product indoors and in a location where it is not exposed to heavy water flow.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 512

Replies: 1