Has anyone successfully set up an EP25 or KP125 Smart plug with Google Nest WiFi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Has anyone successfully set up an EP25 or KP125 Smart plug with Google Nest WiFi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-25 15:53:04
Tags: #Setup
Model: EP25P4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Has anyone out there successfully set up an EP25 or KP125 Smart plug with Google Nest WiFi?

If so, was there a trick to it?

Have been trying to set up an EP25 on Google Nest mesh router with Kasa app on an iPhone unsuccessfully.

Everything is up to date and tried all the things I could find on Web, including the local network access thing, to no avail.

I suspect the Nest is not exposing the 2.4Ghz band to the plug. Kasa app just says it cannot find any devices.

Also tried with Apple and Google Home, but they couldn't find the plug either.

May have to return the smart plugs sad

Options
5 Reply
Re:Has anyone successfully set up an EP25 or KP125 Smart plug with Google Nest WiFi?
2023-05-26 06:54:39

@NochEinName 

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if fail to set up the smart plug.
What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. Please send us a picture of the error message that appears when configuring the smart plug.  
2. Please describe the detailed troubleshooting you did and the result.
3. Check the LED status on the smart plug when encountering a problem.
4. Turn off the 5G band on your router if possible, and then try to configure the smart plug again.
5. Try to connect the smart plug to the hotspot Wi-Fi from your phone and check if it can connect successfully.
6. Turn off VPN on your phone if there is one.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Has anyone successfully set up an EP25 or KP125 Smart plug with Google Nest WiFi?
2023-05-26 15:50:43
Thank you for the reply. But like I posted, I've tried all that and more to no avail. FYI, the Google Nest "automatically selects the band for the device"; there is no way to force 2.4gHz. That is why I'm looking for someone (is there anyone?) that has successfully set up an EP25 or KP125 with Kasa app on iPhone and Google Nest wireless mesh router. BTW, why isn't 5G supported? I believe the EP25P4 is labeled "new" on the website. You really should be supporting 5G by now.
Options
2023-05-30 11:10:35

@NochEinName 

Hi, 
Can you provide us a picture of the error message that appears when configuring the smart plug? I want to double-confirm if you are stuck on the step of connecting to the router's Wi-Fi network.
If there is no way to select the Wi-Fi band on the Google Nest, you can use an old phone that supports 2.4G only to configure the smart plug if possible.
Please note that the reason to enable/disable the Wi-Fi band or change the 2.4G/5G Wi-Fi name to be different on the router is to ensure the phone and the plug are connected to the same Wi-Fi.

Best Regards

Options
2023-05-30 15:43:50

@Solla-topee Thanks for the reply! I'll follow up with a screenshot.

I'm helping out my Uncle with setting up the plug. I'll check with him regarding an older phone that just support 2.4gHz.

I get the reason for changing the band and/or SSID, but unfortunately the Google Nest router doesn't allow you to do either. 

Options
2023-05-31 10:25:23

@NochEinName 

Thank you for your cooperation and attempt~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 466

Replies: 5

Tags

Setup
Related Articles