TpLink TAPO P100 not powering up and strange light (maybe shortcircuit?)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-30 20:17:12
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I just wanted to connect my tapo p100 another time and there's a strange sound when I plug it onto my wall. There's also a strange light (like a flashing light but like shortcircuited)

Any solution?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TpLink TAPO P100 not powering up and strange light (maybe shortcircuit?)
2023-06-01 02:31:11

@Arnau97 

The flashing orange led of the Tapo P100 indicates it is trying to connect to the WiFi network. Here are some tips for this problem.

1. If you have changed the WiFi password recently, reset and reconfigure the Tapo Plug.

How to factory reset the Tapo smart plug
How to set up Tapo smart plug

2. Tapo support 2.4GHz and WPA2 only. Check if the WiFi settings have been changed.

3. Ensure there is a strong WiFi signal. Try to move the plug closer to the host router.

4. Verify if there are any specific router settings that could be preventing the Tapo P100 from establishing a connection, such as access control (blacklist/whitelist), parental control, firewall, etc.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-06-01 07:55:05

@Wayne-TP 

No no, I know that. But I mean that the light looks like strobe. It's like shortcircuited

Options
2023-06-02 02:32:50

@Arnau97 

Did you hear the click sound? Can you take a video and share it with us? You can upload it to the cloud platform (Google Drive, YouTube, etc) and share the link here. Or send it to support.forum@tp-link.com with the same subject as this post. 

Can P100 provide a stable power supply to the end device? Have you tried to change to a different power outlet?

Try to factory reset the P100, see if it makes any difference.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 256

Replies: 3