P110 no longer switching power on/off

P110 no longer switching power on/off

27 Reply
Re:P110 no longer switching power on/off
2024-07-11 14:25:09

@Milleniumaire 

My first TP110M just arrived. Installed it in a plug for app configuration. All went super smooth.

Pressed on/off on the app and heard an audible click each time.

So I went to install it on the lamps it should power....stays on whatever I do. New product fresh out of the box.

Will give it a shake and keep ya'll updated.

Options
2024-07-11 16:26:21

@ThierryV 

Still not working, if I plug in a basic lamp and press the side button, the lamp always stays on.

Will have to return it I'm afraid.

Options
2024-07-12 09:03:49

ThierryV wrote

@Milleniumaire 

My first TP110M just arrived. Installed it in a plug for app configuration. All went super smooth.

Pressed on/off on the app and heard an audible click each time.

So I went to install it on the lamps it should power....stays on whatever I do. New product fresh out of the box.

Will give it a shake and keep ya'll updated.

@ThierryV 

Where did you buy the product? Was it from an official store/authorized retailer or an individual seller?  TP-Link - Where To Buy

Was it a brand-new product? Do you notice if there is anything unusual about the product packaging?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-07-13 16:15:08

@Wayne-TP  This earlier fix just worked for me. Had to press between 10 and 20 times before it sprang back to life though!

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/611654?replyId=1311838

Options
2024-08-14 07:21:23

As above, so following others:

I unplugged the P110 and clicked the side button a few times. Then I tapped the unit on my desk (not softly, nor destructively hard either). I clicked it on and off, and it made a bigger click than before. Plugged it back in again, now working. 

Does this qualify me as a hardware engineer?

Options
2 weeks ago

@DeltaCharlie 

Sometimes, if the connected device draws more power than the plug can handle, it might malfunction.

Options
2 weeks ago

@DeltaCharlie 

So had this issue on P110 which we had received free from our electricity supplier and having read all the comments, like giving it a bit of a bash it made no difference. But then decided to keep pressing the button on the side repeatedly (mainly through frustration) and then it started working again. Not sure how long it will last but I'll take it working now.

Options

Tags

Fault
Related Articles