Tapo C320WS not updating to 1.0.5 Firmware version

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-13 09:38:05
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hello,

I have 4 Tapo Cameras C320WS.

One camera received the new firmare 1.0.5, but no one of the others has the possibility to update.

How can I update all of them?

Thanks
Marco

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C320WS not updating to 1.0.5 Firmware version
2023-06-14 08:43:39

@MarcoMod 

Normally the new firmware of the smart home device will be released in a staged rollout. Devices with the same model number but different hardware versions may have different versions of firmware.

Devices with the same model and hardware version may not receive the new firmware push message at the same time. In this case, please wait patiently and the new firmware will be released gradually to all devices.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-06-26 07:34:31

@Wayne-TP 

1 of my 3 updated when told (a few weeks ago) while a second kept saying it has an update.  but that one doesn't update, even though it says its updating, then says completed, then promptly  states an update us available...? wth?  1.0.4 to 1.0.5 is the update in question. all are c320ws model.  Ive tried quite a bit to make it update, ir at least stop telling me to update!

A coupke days ago the third cam said there was a firmware update available (same versions) and this camera  is behaving exactly like the second one.  Firmware  says its updating, says uts completed.   then shortly later tell me there's  an update available.   Same versions. 

More mess with this software as usual. 

If you just need a camera to run independently with its own memory card then this should do for you. 

But if you wish to have an understandable operating system that runs as it should and will be a good monitoring cam, or have it connected to your seperate security system or device then dont count on these.  Your not even able to manage the networking for crying out loud!

That all said, if you can deal with the failings and it otherwise meets your needs then its got some decent detection options.  As it is it shld cost around half what it does.  its shortcomings  definitely affect my needs, a lot!

But again, if running solely in their app is ok for you, and network issues dont affect your system, then youd probably like this.  It has more/better detection options than any other camera I have or have had!  The perimeter line was new to me, and i do like that a bunch.  If the cams werent so buggy theyd prolly be worth more money. 

But for the money, my twenty year old foscams and more recent foscam clones are much more dependable! Same price range without the continuing hassles.  But also without the awesome list of detection options that these Tapos have. Im hopeful for new models with the new features but without the bugs.  I'd switch over at least six to eight of my current cams to tapo if theyd fix the networking.

Options
2023-07-03 08:30:02

@g_ny 

Did you receive notifications repeatedly in the APP message center, or did you continuously detect new firmware on the firmware upgrade page? If it is the latter, since the camera has not been successfully upgraded, the latest version will always be detected.

Regarding the firmware update failure issue, please ensure both cameras can be remotely controlled (viewed) normally as the firmware update requires connection to the cloud server. If not, you may refer to Case 2 in this FAQ. What should I do if I can't view the Tapo camera?

Try to restart the camera, connect your phone to the same WiFi network as the camera and perform the update again, see if that helps. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 638

Replies: 3

Related Articles