Firmware Update Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Firmware Update Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Firmware Update Issue
Firmware Update Issue
2023-06-19 12:01:42 - last edited 2023-06-27 02:45:33
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20230530 Rel.55932

So this morning the Deco app pinged a message that a firmware update was available.  As usual I hit the button to update and went about my business preparing breakfast.

It wasn't until I sat down several minutes later that I noticed not all had gone as smoothly as usual.  Firstly there was a pop up telling me that my channel width had been reduced to 80 due to "nearby radar"... Erm, ok I guess.

More importantly, both my units were now offline a d unable to access the internet.

Spent and age trying to get them to work to no avail.  Ended up having to completely reset both units and rebuild the network as a new installation.

Right royal pain in the backside for what is normally a couple of minutes job.

Oh well, these things are sent to try us, at least it's working now.  But I'll be very wary of any future firmware updates!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Firmware Update Issue-Solution
2023-06-27 02:45:28 - last edited 2023-06-27 02:52:38

Hi All, thanks for all your feedback.

Deco XE75 Pro did not share the same firmware with Deco XE75.

For the issue mentioned here on Deco XE75 Pro V1 with 1.2.1, the newly released firmware 1.2.2 has fixed this issue already.

Deco XE75 Pro_V1_1.2.2 Build 20230613 

(If you have noticed any issue related to 1.2.2 on Deco XE75 pro, please leave me a private message. thank you very much.)

For Deco XE75 V1 with 1.2.5, the issue has been fixed on the newly released firmware 1.2.6.

Deco XE75_V1_1.2.6 Build 20230613

(If you have noticed any issue related to 1.2.6 on Deco XE75, please leave me a private message as well. thank you very much.)

As for the firmware downgrade, if you are interested, it is suggested to have a look at this link: Update Deco

Normally, whether the firmware could be downgraded depends on both the current firmware and the original firmware.

For example. the original firmware for Deco XE75 V1 is 1.2.2/1.2.1, then you could downgrade from 1.2.5 to 1.2.2/1.2.1 directly via web UI since from x.x.2 to x.x.5, it is a small version upgrade within the same platform.

While for Deco XE75 pro, the original firmware is 1.0.3 or 1.0.0, from 1.0.x to 1.2.x, it is a huge upgrade across different firmware platforms. So the firmware downgrade needs to be done via firmware recovery.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:Firmware Update Issue
2023-06-20 03:32:57

@GedB Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Recently, a bunch of new firmware versions have been released for different models and any feedback released to the firmware upgrade is highly appreciated.

Your case has been recorded and would be reported to the engineers on the community weekly summary. At the same time, I will also keep checking whether there would be more similar feedback.

Please feel free to come back to us if the issue came back again.

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Options
2023-06-20 09:51:19

@David-TP 

Hi David,

I have the same problem. I haven't solved it yet.

Thank you for new update. 

Daniel

Options
2023-06-20 10:22:24

@David-TP 

Hi David, no problem at all, glad that feedback will be useful.

I must say, despite the issue in getting things up and running, the new firmware as quite an improvement.

The system has been able to auto-detect all my Tapo bulbs, where previously it would only recognise Kasa.

Haven't used it yet as it will take time to move everything over, but the creation of an IoT subnetwork will be really useful, as is the ability to now specify the WiFi band for each device.

So yes, a little bit of pain but really paid off in the overall gains 

Options
2023-06-20 10:24:33

@DanPi 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The "same issue" might be too vague and can you give some description of the current issue?

If the network is unstable, which case here might be quite like yours?

Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network

It is also highly appreciated if you could submit an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the details mentioned on the above post.

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options
2023-06-21 11:00:24

@GedB 

Since the latest update on my Deco XE75 Mesh to version 1.2.5 Build 20230530 Rel. 46610 yesterday morning, the stability of the connection between the nodes has been very poor. Is this a known issue after this update? I have rebooted all the nodes, and nothing has improved. Before the update, I had never had connection issues between my nodes.

Best regards,

Carlos Pedro

Options
2023-06-21 13:01:02

@Carlos_Pedro 

Unfortunately I don't have any comparable experience as my Deco's are using ethernet backhaul.

Hopefully someone with more experience might be able to assist you with this one.

Options
2023-06-22 17:50:08

@David-TP 

David, not sure if this is related but since the upgrade I've had a couple of instances of the main deco going offline.  I've been running this system for about 6 months and not had any drop outs previously.

What makes me think that it may be connected is that when I do a hard power reset and the system resumes, I get the same message that my 5GHz band has been swapped to 80MHz channel width due to nearby radar being detected.

On checking, it hasn't been changed and is still firmly set at the recommended 160MHz, so I'm wondering if there is some gremlin in whatever bit of the code does this detecting/channel width changing.

Sorry I can't be any more specific, if it happens again will try to take a couple of screen grabs to illustrate.

Ged.

Options
2023-06-22 20:37:27 - last edited 2023-06-22 20:39:02

@GedB, @David-TP 

I have reverted the firmware upgrade, and the issues have disappeared. There is some issue in the latest firmware upgrade that causes poor connection between the nodes.

When the next firmware version is released, I will try to upgrade again. There is clearly an issue with the current version.

Options
2023-06-22 20:43:57

@Carlos_Pedro I'm having severe issues with my Xe75 Pro system since the latest firmware was applied - can you point me in the right direction (or provide instruction) for how to roll back the firmware to a previous revision?

Options
2023-06-22 20:52:47

@CheGuedara 

You can get the firmware from here https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/deco-xe75/v1/#Firmware. In my case, I reverted to version Deco XE75(EU)_V1_1.2.2 Build 20230509. Unzip the file you download and upgrade in the web interface at http://192.168.0.1/webpages/index.html#firmwareDeco - replace the IP address with the IP address of your main node. 

In less than five minutes, all nodes will be back online.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1504

Replies: 14

Related Articles