Votes

View Tapo Cameras from Windows PC

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-20 07:39:54 - last edited 2024-01-15 03:30:23
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

The cameras work great from the Tapo app on a mobile device, but since we are monitoring our property with them, we really need to have them viewable from a Windows desktop.  As far as I can tell there is no way of doing this, which seems pretty outdated.

I've tried an Android emulator but it wouldn't connect to the cameras, I've tried viewing streams in VLC, OBS, Security Eye and various others but none of them were able to connect to the cameras.

It's not really realistic to have to keep opening an app on a smartphone to monitor the CCTV. Is there a way of getting it to work on Windows?  This seems like a really basic function which as far as I can tell, is sadly lacking.

Options
1 Reply
Re:View Tapo Cameras from Windows PC
2023-06-21 07:06:57

@ClicknSimple 

Hi, 
For the Tapo Camera, you can refer to the link below to know how to view the camera on a Windows PC.
How to view the Tapo camera on PC through the RTSP stream?

If you fail to watch the Tapo Camera on PC through the RTSP stream, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. Please describe your network diagram, such as internet--wireless router)))Tapo Cam, etc.
2. Do you watch the camera on the PC when the PC connects to the same Wi-Fi network or in the remote network?
3. Which step are you stuck on, and what error message appears during the configuration process?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 773

Replies: 1