Votes

Tapo Automated Notifications

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-29 09:29:58 - last edited 2023-06-30 10:47:45

Hi,

Is it a possibility to implement automated notification settings? A use case as below:

When I leave the house (location picked up by the phone) turn on notifications for all/specified cameras.

When I return home, turn off all notifications for specified cameras. 

The privacy feature and Do not disturb setting isn't suitable for this use case.

Not even IFTTT has this implementation for Tapo but does for other cameras less expensive. It would be a handy feature to have and would give piece of mind that I would be notified when I'm not at home. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo Automated Notifications
2023-06-30 10:52:36

@Gunnersboy 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback. While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.

Currently, I think the Home mode and Away mode on the Tapo app can help the usage scenario you described. With the Home mode and Away mode configured, you can switch the mode on the Tapo app to turn on/off notifications for specified cameras when you are at home or not.
How to edit Home and Away Mode for the Tapo camera?

Best Regards

Options
2023-06-30 10:57:06

@Solla-topee 

Hi, thanks for your response. The home and away routine buttons will do the trick, but being a smart camera it would be good to have this feature to be "smart" as well and can automatically apply those settings based on phone location. 

I appreciate you passing on this feature to the relevant team and hopefully they can implement something soon. 

Solla-topee wrote

@Gunnersboy 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback. While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.

Currently, I think the Home mode and Away mode on the Tapo app can help the usage scenario you described. With the Home mode and Away mode configured, you can switch the mode on the Tapo app to turn on/off notifications for specified cameras when you are at home or not.
How to edit Home and Away Mode for the Tapo camera?

Best Regards

Options
2023-06-30 11:49:50

@Gunnersboy 

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback, and I moved this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Tapo)' area for better visibility. If other users have the same request, please feel free to vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 357

Replies: 3

Voters 3