Cannot connect to website and brightness isn't working, after updating firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-03 07:48:36
Model: NC450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

I updated the firmware and now i can't connect to the camera's 'website'.  The browser says:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.1.66. Peer using unsupported version of security protocol.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_VERSION

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

This website might not support the TLS 1.2 protocol, which is the minimum version supported by Firefox.

Learn more…

Also, after updating, brightness controls don't work on the TP-Link Camera Control app (v 1.0.5.0)

Options
6 Reply
Re:Cannot connect to website and brightness isn't working, after updating firmware
2023-07-04 08:11:24 - last edited 2023-07-04 08:13:10

@jaybiz3 

It seems your NC450 does not have the latest firmware version since the tp-link website shows the latest firmware version of the NC450 is 1.5.6. You can update the firmware to the latest one and then check if the problem remains.

If yes, I think you can search online about how to enable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 on your browser, or try to use a different browser, and it may help you access the camera's website.

Options
Re:Cannot connect to website and brightness isn't working, after updating firmware
2023-07-04 08:39:50

@Summer_S 

The TP-Link Camera Control App has no 'update firmware' option.

All the new versions of browser have removed TLS 1.0 + 1.1.

Trying to download an older browser's version is, for some reason, difficult.

Options
2023-07-04 10:47:08

@jaybiz3 Try to google "how to enable TLS 1.0 on a browser" and you can find some instructions~

Options
2023-07-04 20:44:06

@Summer_S 

I've updated the firmware, but brightness controls still doesn't work, also the camera still requires TLS 1.0/1.1 to be enabled.

Options
2023-07-06 10:01:39

@jaybiz3 

You can keep your browser enable TLS 1.0/1.1 or enable the TLS 1.0/1.1 when trying to log in to the web UI. And if you can't adjust the brightness on the Camera Control app, you can try to adjust the brightness on the web UI or the tpCamera app~

Options
2023-07-06 20:26:51

@Summer_S 

Brightness still doesn't work, and the web UI shows this

Also, this firmware is crashing the camera or app more often so I tried to downgrade, which didn't work even though the site doesn't say '2.Can't be downgraded.'

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 686

Replies: 6

Related Articles