Tapo P100 Offline in Google Home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-09 22:30:57
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

I currently have four P100 plugs and one L530 all working nicely in the Tapo app.  However, one of the plugs, which has been fine for almost a year, is now stuck showing "Offline" in Google Home - the other four devices are fine.

I've tried resetting the P100, reconnected in the Home app, unlinked then re-link in Home, rebooted the router, unlinked the Tapo account in Google Admin, moved the plug between rooms and homes, but still no luck.

Any suggestions?  So far I've tried everything that's suggested by a Google search for "tapo plug google home offline".

TIA!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo P100 Offline in Google Home
2023-07-11 02:14:08

@hjenkins 

Were you able to reconnect this P100 to Tapo APP and Google Home APP successfully? Was there any error message when reconnecting to Google Home? Kindly share a picture of the error if there was one. 

Please confirm whether other Tapo devices can be controlled with Google Home normally.

Check whether you can control this Tapo P100 remotely with Tapo APP while using cellular data or other WiFi? 

Have there been any recent updates to your Tapo app, device, or the Google Home app?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-07-11 19:40:49

@Wayne-TP I spent some time on live chat with a TP-Link agent, and despite their best efforts we couldn't get it back online.  An effect I hadn't noticed was that if I switched to mobile data the device would show as offline in the Tapo app, too.

Following the agent's advice, I returned the plug to Amazon for a refund.

Cheers!

Options
2023-07-13 08:17:50

@hjenkins 

It's a pity that the problem did not resolve. The problem with your device is actually a remote control issue.

Google Home relies on remote management support from the Tapo device. If the Tapo device can only be controlled within the local network (i.e., the same Wi-Fi network as the smart device), it will appear offline when you switch to mobile data or connect to another Wi-Fi network. Third-party service doesn't work as well. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 449

Replies: 3

Related Articles