Schedule day/night (IR) mode

2023-07-19 21:07:41
Tags: #Sunset/Sunrise #Tapo app
Model: Tapo C500   Tapo C225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'd like to be able to set a schedule for the day/night (IR) mode on my cameras. 
As of today I can only choose between AUTO, DAY or NIGHT in the Tapo app. 
Under some conditions the cameras don't switch to NIGHT mode because there is a bright light somewhere in the frame. Although the picture is good in DAY

mode even in dim conditions, I've noticed that the image quality increases substantially when forced to NIGHT mode. 

Im running the latest updates for the app and the cameras. 

Options
15 Reply
Re:Schedule day/night (IR) mode
2023-07-20 08:10:44

@Scratchen 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
2023-07-30 21:41:15
+1 vote for this too, for the exact reason you state - especially on the D230S1 doorbell which will likely be installed near porch lamps or streetlamps.
Options
RE:Schedule day/night (IR) mode
2023-11-20 18:15:51
It would be nice to program the camera to change from Daytime to Nightvision in the night and the after morning in dayttime again. Thanks
Options
2023-11-20 18:17:11
It would be nice to change automatic between daytime and night vision durin the day and the night or to program it
Options
2024-02-24 19:26:01
Same here, I have 3 TC 65 cameras that work flawlessly, apart from not switching to night mode and back, manually switching works fine, and one of them has no streetlights in the frame, that one switches absolutely fine on its own, but the other two I have to switch manually every night, really need to be able to switch modes based on location/time zone or be able to set sensitivity of switching
Options
2024-07-11 03:29:29

+1, I just received my tapo magcam and auto mode doesn't switch to night mode at night, and looks bad, I had to turn night mode manually, it would be ideal to set an schedule for night mode so the camera sets to night or day night based on the current time

Options
2024-08-08 09:47:24
YES YES YES PLEASE ADD IT. It’s been driving me crazy. I have to do it manually and if I don’t the day mode colours are making some spots too dark and IR just makes it better to see. Please add this feature. I have C310.
Options
2024-08-08 10:08:24

@Solla-topee 

As seen on the votes and replies in this thread, I'm not the only one requesting this feature. 
Please consider adding this in the near future. 

Options
2024-08-15 13:44:21

@Solla-topee 

I really appreciate if that feature is invented 

I recently brought tapo c320ws due to street light it is not shifting to night mode i have to manually put that to night mode.

There should be shortcut or automation to schedule the night mode dude! this is really needed for all tapo cameras.I also have tapo 520ws due to street it had problem then i shifted to other side.

If you care about the cusotmers this feature should be implemented as soon as possible

Options
2024-08-15 13:47:12
Implement to schedule the night mode in automation for tapo cameras.i have tapo 320ws and 520ws.I appreciate if this feature is implemented and i waiting for it do it sooner
Options

Information

Helpful: 15

Views: 1373

Replies: 15

Voters 15

+ 11 Voters

Tags