Multiple room panic alarm

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-19 23:55:57
Model: Tapo H100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought a H100 and some S200B buttons with the aim of using them as a panic alarm system for a medical centre - I thought that a button in each consulting room could be linked to the hub + phone in reception. I wanted an alarm to sound with the name of the buttonwhich had been pressed to would tell staff which room the call had come from.

Disappointingly it seems the smart actions are limited to within the hub only and there is no involvement with the phone app. Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Multiple room panic alarm
2023-07-20 10:00:42

@kmcDA 

We appreciate your interest in Tapo smart button and hub for your medical call system. However, it's essential to note that Tapo is primarily designed for home use, it might not fully comply with the strict standards and regulations required for medical equipment.

Medical facilities demand high reliability, precision, and adherence to strict safety protocols, which goes beyond the capabilities of our home product line. Any network fluctuation or compatibility issues could potentially impact patient care, leading to suboptimal outcomes in critical situations. For a dependable and compliant medical call system, we recommend considering dedicated medical equipment that has undergone rigorous testing and meets industry standards.

Tapo S200B smart button can trigger an alarm on the H100 when it is pressed. Users can check the execution records in the APP (APP ->Smart ->History), or refer to the Event Log on the device's page. Voice announcement or APP push notification for the Smart Action is not supported. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-07-21 03:03:26

@Wayne-TP  thanks for you reply and I understand what you are saying about medical v home use.

I can;t find the log you refer to at APP ->Smart ->History. For me the Smart tab has 3 headings: Routine Actions, Shortcuts and Automations. The latter 2 have history pages but this doesn't seem to list button presses. When I click on the Smart Hub from the home screen and select event log this records 'Rang' when a button has been pressed but doesn;t give the name of the button which has been pressed - so we would not know which room was calling us...

Options
2023-07-31 10:18:23

@kmcDA 

Smart Action History displays the name of the executed rules and the executed action. If you want to see what's the Trigger button, you can rename this rule. 

A new firmware 1.2.20 which supports Ring Log is currently on the staged rollout, it displays the same content as the Smart Action history, you can keep an eye on it.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options