H200 and MicroSD card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

H200 and MicroSD card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
H200 and MicroSD card
H200 and MicroSD card
2023-07-21 18:05:49 - last edited 2023-07-21 19:25:10
Model: Tapo H200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.19

I need some help with understanding how to insert a microSD card into the H200 hub, so that I can record video clips from my cameras.

Issue 1: I can slide the card into the slot with the gold contacts facing down.  I thought that it would cleanly click into place, and that I would just push it again to pop it out.  It seems however that I have to manually prise it out by getting a fingernail behind the tiny ledge at the end of the card.

Issue 2: When the card is in the slot, there's no sign of it in the app - I had thought it would appear in the Hub settings, where I would be able to see its capacity and to format it (for example).  However, as I say, the app doesn't have any indication that an SD card iis present.

I'd be grateful for some assistance on both these points - thanks!

Edit - I think I'm OK now.  I've now added the cameras to the hub, and the SD card was recognised during that process.  It looks like the card settings are in amongst the camera settings rather than the hub settings.  I also found that I didn't need to push the SD card in as far as I had previously done, although it does still need to be prised out with a finger nail.  

Options
5 Reply
Re:H200 and MicroSD card
2023-07-24 07:22:45

@docdunning 

Generally, when installing an SD card into a camera, it is essential to observe the guidance on the camera itself or the packaging box. Identify the correct orientation of the SD card (the right side up) and gently push it into the card slot until you hear a "click" sound, indicating successful insertion.

To remove the SD card, follow a similar approach by lightly pressing the side of the card, allowing it to pop out of the slot (be cautious to prevent the SD card from flying out).

Due to the H200's limitation of supporting a maximum of 4 cameras, the SD card capacity is shared among them. If you need to modify the recording settings for a specific camera, you will have to access the camera's individual settings page to make the necessary adjustments.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-07-25 11:57:08

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks for your reply.

Pushing the SD card into the H200, I don't sense any click or obvious stop point.  When I first tried this, it almost disappeared into the slot, and I was worried that I would not be able to get it out again.  I did manage that, however, by prising it back out with my fingernail, as I mentioned.

On my second attempt, I didn't push the card in so far.  Again, no click or similar indication that it was far enough in.  But it obviously works OK, because I'm seeing recordings.

FYI, this is a SanDisk 128GB Ultra card.  I wonder if another brand of card might fit better, and click against a spring-loaded release, but I'll leave it for now since it's working.

Options
2023-07-31 08:25:38

@docdunning 

May I know what's the regional version of your H200? Is it an EU or US device?

Your situation is indeed different from our actual tested scenarios. However, if the SD card can be recognized correctly, there should be no problem. We will keep an eye out for any similar feedback in the future. Thank you!

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-08-02 12:42:05

@Wayne-TP 

The label on the hub says H200(EU), Ver 1.0.

I daren't push the card any further in, or I may never be able to get it out!

Options
2023-08-08 06:46:32

@docdunning 

It looks like a hardware issue with the SD card slot to me. If it bothers you, please contact the retailer or local TP-Link support to proceed with the warranty. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1137

Replies: 5

Related Articles