Reformat of 128gb SD card TAPO C200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-02 14:29:06
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

tldr: If you need to reformat the SD card for the TAPO C200 on your computer, change the default format to NTFS.

The story.  I wanted to check the notifications on my C200 but there was nothing there.  The C200 wanted the card to be initialized which was odd because the card has been in there for some time,  When I tried to initialize it complained that it couldn't recognize the card and that it needed to be reformatted.

I reformatted the card on Windows 10 computer using the default (exFAT) and replaced the SD card.  No good.  C200 is still unhappy with the format.

The next step was trying to see if someone had a solution.  Everyone was saying FAT32, but that is for smaller drives, not 128gb SD cards.

This is when I went back to the format utility in Windows.  My other option was NTFS and it worked.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Reformat of 128gb SD card TAPO C200
2023-08-03 06:46:34

@Alzie  Hi, thank you for the case sharing, and I'll have a try if I encounter the same issue.yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 185

Replies: 1

Related Articles