HS220 - Can't dim the light through Google Home since new version

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-03 14:23:06 - last edited 2023-08-10 10:02:40
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

Hello, 

I have had my HS220 for a little over a year now and it was working flawlessly with the Kasa Smart App AND the Google Home App. 
Now since Google updated the Google Home App I can't control the dimming feature from the Google Home app anymore (Still works normally in the Kasa app). 

The HS220 is now only recognized as a switch and can only turn ON/OFF the light.

On the other hand, I also have 2 Google Hub and they still see the HS220 as a Dimmer and i can still control de lights correctly through them. 

I was wondering if I was missing a Firmware update for my HS220 that would make it work with the newer Google Home App.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HS220 - Can't dim the light through Google Home since new version-Solution
2023-08-08 13:28:50 - last edited 2023-08-10 10:02:40

@Wayne-TP Thank you. 

I did contact google support and they sent me back to Kasa since ultimately the Kasa is using the Google Api and need to be compliant to the versions. (That what they told me) 

Your suggestion did work though, I change the device type from Switch to Light bulb and now i can control the dimming as i did before. It's counter-intuitive but it works.

* I had already re-sync the Kasa device with Google Home and it did not work.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:HS220 - Can't dim the light through Google Home since new version
2023-08-08 02:15:44

@Seb_ 

You may try to change the device type in Google Home. Or try to re-sync Kasa device with Google Home.

We highly recommend contacting Google support if the above suggestions don't work. Please come back and update here if the problem is resolved, it will be helpful for other users who encounter similar problems!

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:HS220 - Can't dim the light through Google Home since new version-Solution
2023-08-08 13:28:50 - last edited 2023-08-10 10:02:40

@Wayne-TP Thank you. 

I did contact google support and they sent me back to Kasa since ultimately the Kasa is using the Google Api and need to be compliant to the versions. (That what they told me) 

Your suggestion did work though, I change the device type from Switch to Light bulb and now i can control the dimming as i did before. It's counter-intuitive but it works.

* I had already re-sync the Kasa device with Google Home and it did not work.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-10 10:05:36

@Seb_ 

Is there an option to choose the Dimmer device type? 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-08-10 12:21:01

@Wayne-TP 

No there is no "Dimmer" options, the only other option related to lighting beside switch was Light Bulb.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 410

Replies: 4

Related Articles