Unable to add NVR remotely

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-06 10:25:43 - last edited 2023-08-28 01:10:09
Model: VIGI NVR1008H  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 230609 Rel.43669n

Hi,

I bought this NVR recently, i'm able to setup it locally. But I'm unable to add NVR remotely Though cloud service is ON and traceroute works. Always get Connection Failed error.
Below are the screenshots
APP ScreenShot

Below is trace route and other details from my NVR

Below is the diagnstics reult as well

Can somebody help what can be the issue?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Unable to add NVR remotely -Solution
2023-08-24 01:28:37 - last edited 2023-08-28 01:10:27

Hi @Shoaibsic 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Suggest you try DHCP or try another router.

What I can see now is that your device is actually offline from our server. Not available on the cloud. We use Amazon Cloud for cloud service.

Do you have any issues with connecting to Amazon Cloud?

Do you have any ACL on your router blocking access from this NVR to the Amazon Cloud?

Feel more like to is a problem with your network. Not the device, firmware or server.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-26 07:16:32 - last edited 2023-08-28 01:09:31

Hi @Clive 

I reset my NVR and after reconfiguration its working fine. Thanks for your help.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Unable to add NVR remotely
2023-08-07 08:48:57 - last edited 2023-08-07 08:50:50

Hi@Shoaibsic 

Can you let me know the following details?

1. Can you make sure the VIGI app on your phone is the latest one?

2. When you got this device, is it sealed with plastic?

3. Make sure you bind your NVR to your TL-Link ID. And you should find your NVR in the app. Path: Cloud Service > TP-Link ID.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-07 10:01:54

Hi  @Clive_A ,

Thanks for your reply. Below are the responses to the queries.

1. Can you make sure the VIGI app on your phone is the latest one?

Yes, it is the latest version of APP installed on Android.

2. When you got this device, is it sealed with plastic?

Yes, it was sealed in plastic.

3. Make sure you bind your NVR to your TL-Link ID. And you should find your NVR in the app.

Yes, i had binded TL-Link ID to NVR. After this i was scanning QR Code to add this NVR into app. Is the scanning not needed? Will the NVR automatically be added to TL-Link ID with need to add it manually?

Another input i wanted to share, currently i don't have hard dirive installed to NVR, will this cause NVR not getting added remotely?

Options
2023-08-08 05:45:25

Hi @Shoaibsic

Shoaibsic wrote

3. Make sure you bind your NVR to your TL-Link ID. And you should find your NVR in the app.

Yes, i had binded TL-Link ID to NVR. After this i was scanning QR Code to add this NVR into app. Is the scanning not needed? Will the NVR automatically be added to TL-Link ID with need to add it manually?

Another input i wanted to share, currently i don't have hard dirive installed to NVR, will this cause NVR not getting added remotely?

Hard drive is not needed for adding it. It's only for storage.

You don't have to add it. After binding it to the TP-Link ID, you should see the NVR on the App.

If you bind VIGI cam, you need to scan the QR code.

Options
2023-08-23 11:53:55 - last edited 2023-08-23 12:26:44

Hi  @Clive_A ,

TP-Link ID is binded to NVR, and i'm able to see the NVR in the list when I login to VIGI APP, but the APP shows NVR Device status as offline even though Network status on NVR is Connected to Internet and The Cloud Service is enabled.

Mobile APP screenshot:

Cloud Service Status:

Internet Connection Status:

Can you please help me with this? I'm not able to access NVR remotely on VIGI APP but when i add NVR as local device it works perfectly fine. Any firewall issue do you suspect could be causing issue with this remote service

Options
2023-08-24 01:28:37 - last edited 2023-08-28 01:10:27

Hi @Shoaibsic 

Suggest you try DHCP or try another router.

What I can see now is that your device is actually offline from our server. Not available on the cloud. We use Amazon Cloud for cloud service.

Do you have any issues with connecting to Amazon Cloud?

Do you have any ACL on your router blocking access from this NVR to the Amazon Cloud?

Feel more like to is a problem with your network. Not the device, firmware or server.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-25 12:49:49

Hi  @Clive_A ,

Thanks for your response. There are no such ACL settings on my router. But i had switched Off the NVR for sometime. Please let me know if you are debugging this i will keep the NVR powered ON.

Options
2023-08-25 14:35:42

Hi @Clive_A ,

I also found below error with cloud services connection when i ran Diagnostics check:

Cloud this be causing this issue? and how can i fix this?

Options
2023-08-26 07:16:32 - last edited 2023-08-28 01:09:31

Hi @Clive 

I reset my NVR and after reconfiguration its working fine. Thanks for your help.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 666

Replies: 8

Related Articles