Votes

Switching accounts in the app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-07 17:40:30 - last edited 2023-08-08 07:31:00

Because of the lack of any sharing features, the tp-link recommended way to share is to give some your account credentials -- which means they have full access to your devices. Of course that's a dumb way to do sharing.

Slightly less dumb is to put each device that you want to share on a separate account. So that way you can share just one device with someone. Of course they can screw up that device because they have full permissions but they can't screw up the rest of your devices.

However, the app does not support any way to switch accounts. In the absence of adding secure sharing (which is what I really want), when will the app support account switching??

Options
1 Reply
Re:Switching accounts in the app
2023-08-08 07:30:41 - last edited 2023-08-08 07:30:52

@B-K 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
I moved this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Kasa)' area for better visibility, and if other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 208

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.