Range of H100 hub and T100 motion detection sensor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-10 13:54:02
Model: Tapo H100   Tapo T100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello.

I tried to place a T100 in the basement 15m and 4 walls away from a H100 hub. The sensor does not communicate with the hub. Of course, they were already paired / connected before the experiment. I also tried one concrete wall and 5m and th communication works.  

Please let me know what is the maximum distance one can place H100 and T100 without obstacles and with obstacles. I could not find this information anywhere in the documentation.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Range of H100 hub and T100 motion detection sensor
2023-08-11 06:43:04

@undefined 

The maximum supported distance between the H100 hub and SubG IoT device is approximately 20 meters (with one wall in between).

It's important to note that due to potential interference in real-world usage environments, the actual maximum distance supported needs to be determined through on-site testing. Metal objects can cause significant attenuation in SubG signal transmission distance, such as metal doors, metal window frames, reinforced concrete walls, elevators, and so forth. Concrete walls also have a significant impact on signal propagation.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options