Vacuum not emptying when connected to dock

2023-08-17 14:23:21 - last edited 2023-11-07 11:23:05
Tags: #Fault
Model: Tapo RV30 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've got a new Tapo RV30 Plus but I can't get it to empty either automatically when it connects to the dock or when selected manually from the app.

When I try the app gives a warning about loud volume, I click ok, the brush does a slight spin, then nothing. The app then pops up with "Robot Vacuum not responding. Please check." Then the vacuum announces thats its charging again.

I've checked the dock is closed properly and the light is not red. The bag is brand nbew and empty. I can't see any blockages (though I've not removed the channel in the dock yet (doing that next).

Any ideas?

Cheers...

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Vacuum not emptying when connected to dock-Solution
2023-08-18 03:32:46 - last edited 2024-03-11 11:21:55

Troubleshooting: Tapo Robot Vacuum Not Emptying When Connected To Dock

Here are some tips for the situation where the Tapo robot vacuum fails to empty itself.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, two important things you should be aware of.

• Avoid facing the empty dock directly to the sun or incandescent light (mainly the front side). You may try to empty the dustbin manually in the Tapo App again after relocating the dock.
  • Auto-emptying will only be triggered after a certain amount of cleaning time, and will not be executed after every cleaning.

Now that you know how it works.

Try out the following steps if your robot vacuum refuses to empty itself even with the App control.

1. Keep the robot vacuum connected to the dock

2. Power off empty dock for 1-2 minutes

3. Restart robot vacuum with its side switch.

4. Power on the empty dock

5. Now, try to empty the dustbin again in Tapo App

**Make sure you mention which situation you're in when reporting a problem here. 

- Malfunction with the auto-emptying?

- Emptying failure even with the App control?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
18 Reply
Re:Vacuum not emptying when connected to dock-Solution
2023-08-18 03:32:46 - last edited 2024-03-11 11:21:55

Troubleshooting: Tapo Robot Vacuum Not Emptying When Connected To Dock

Here are some tips for the situation where the Tapo robot vacuum fails to empty itself.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, two important things you should be aware of.

• Avoid facing the empty dock directly to the sun or incandescent light (mainly the front side). You may try to empty the dustbin manually in the Tapo App again after relocating the dock.
  • Auto-emptying will only be triggered after a certain amount of cleaning time, and will not be executed after every cleaning.

Now that you know how it works.

Try out the following steps if your robot vacuum refuses to empty itself even with the App control.

1. Keep the robot vacuum connected to the dock

2. Power off empty dock for 1-2 minutes

3. Restart robot vacuum with its side switch.

4. Power on the empty dock

5. Now, try to empty the dustbin again in Tapo App

**Make sure you mention which situation you're in when reporting a problem here. 

- Malfunction with the auto-emptying?

- Emptying failure even with the App control?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Vacuum not emptying when connected to dock
2023-11-05 11:09:10
Hello, i've the same issue with same robot, suddently it stopped emptyng the bin, i've tryed all the solutions you proposed. Any other help\ideas?
Options
2023-11-07 11:22:57

@trigITA 

We would like to escalate your case to the support engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond. 

Kindly share below information via the support email.

1. SN (serial number) of the device. <Remove the water tank and find it on the label.>

2. A picture of the location of the dock.

3. Video of the process of failing to empty the dustbin

Options
2023-11-14 18:37:53

@NoominiNoo 

Hello, i am getting the same problem too. You can hear the robot trying to expel the content to the dock but nothing goes in, it stays in the robot vac.  

Options
2023-11-16 09:59:54

@MattTt 

Have you tried the suggestions in the Recommended Solution? Where is your robot vacuum located? Placing the device facing direct sunlight or intense artificial light from a window may potentially affect its normal operation.

Options
2023-12-07 05:48:47 - last edited 2023-12-07 06:52:56

@NoominiNoo I don't think its the location. 

Mine does the exact same thing. *Interestingly* it was working perfectly fine with the out of the box firmware - and I've had the same issue after a firmware update. Could you go to settings, then tap on the name of your vacuum and check the firmware version? My current one is 1.1.9 build 230911 Rel.201448. I don't know what the out of the box firmware for mine was

Unfortunately there's no way to downgrade back to the old version, nor did I think to check what it was, If everyone with this issue has the same firmware, might be buggy firmware rather than "too much natural light". Mine was working fine *pre* firmware update, and I'd had an RV10 plus (which I'd bought for a different apartment and tested) that worked fine in the same location too

Options
2023-12-22 09:03:30

@JourneymanGeek I had the same issue. 

It worked fine until I put in the mop attachment and water. Then it didn't want to empty the bin. 

I had to remove the mop and empty all the water, then it finally emptied out the bin. 

While in mop mode the vacuum also struggled finding its path back to the docking station and went to random rooms way out of its intended path. Even went into keep out zones. 

So not sure if the mop firmware is buggy 

Options
2023-12-26 07:19:36

@ReneeSt 

After filling the water tank and installing the mop, please observe whether the dust collection port is aligned when connecting the robot vacuum, to the dock. Can you share a picture here?

Do you see any error message if you manually start the dust collection in the app?

Options
2024-01-03 06:02:47

@Wayne-TP 

I had the same problem not emptying. 

Tried the steps listed 1 thru 5 and still no luck.

Tried closing curtains and happy days, it worked.

I have moved the dock to a darker location. 

Thanks for the help. smiley

Options
2024-01-03 12:01:57

@Wayne-TP 

The dustbin doesn't empty at all when I have water in the tank. 

But since then I've had multiple instances where it didn't want to empty. Today, it only emptied out after I:

-washed the dustbin

-emptied out the docking station vacuum bag

-removed the mop 

-powered it off and on again. 

I tried attaching a picture but it won't upload. But the docking station has no obstructions and I made sure everything makes contact 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1636

Replies: 18

Tags

Fault
Related Articles