Keep open for more than 1 minute

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-23 18:59:16
Model: Tapo H100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Does anybody know what this does?

I'm trying to create a Fridge Door alarm.

The sequence is

1. Fridge Door is open

2. Set alarm to go off in 3 minutes

3a. Alarm sounds after 3 minutes because door is still open

3b. Door is closed after 3 minutes - cancel alarm

3c. Door is closed before 3 minutes - don't sound alarm

It's 3c that I am struggling with

I thought I had it by enabling and disabling an alarm routine but the routine needs a trigger, I've tried "door open" but it is not firing and I suspect that it is because the trigger has already fired, i.e. the door is already open.

Any ideas

Options
2 Reply
Re:Keep open for more than 1 minute
2023-08-24 08:29:13

@PoBear 

As long as the trigger is activated, even if the trigger is restored to its original state afterward, the action will still be executed as intended. There doesn't seem to be any suitable way to meet your needs at the moment.

The Smart Action feature will have a major upgrade in the near future (a few months), and there are updates that might meet your requirements. If you want to get an early access, PM me your TP-Link ID that associated with Tapo devices, i'll put you on the beta test list and will notify you once the program is started. :)

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Keep open for more than 1 minute
2023-09-07 15:10:09

@PoBear 

Hi Wayne

Just to let you know and anyone else interested that I found a solution on the current version of the app, it's not very elegant but does appear to work.

So, I use three routines.

name: Fridge Door Open

Trigger: Fridge Door Sensor shows open

action: Sound alarm on H100 hub

delay: 3 minutes # adjust as needed

name: Fridge Door Closed

Trigger: Fridge Door Sensor shows closed

action: Silence alarm on H100 Hub # Turn alarm off if it already sounding

action: Disable Fridge Door Open Automation # Prevents alarm going off if not already sounding

name: Fridge Door reset

Trigger: Fridge Door Sensor shows closed

action: Re-enable Fridge Door Open # Resets for next time 

delay: 1 minute # Allow Fridge Dood Closed to finish 

There's an obvious one minute hole in the system, it may be possible to reduce this but I suspect that the number may be unique to the system and dependent on Cloud response times

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 597

Replies: 2

Related Articles