Votes

How to use a TAPO device without the TAPO App and tplinkcloud.com

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-28 08:49:53 - last edited 2023-08-29 00:47:03

Hi,

I purchased a TAPO device thinking that I would be able to flash Tasmota onto it and use it privately on my LAN as I have other MQTT devices I've flashed and run on it.

However, upon reading the supplied instructions, I see that I need to install the TAPO app, create an account, specify what device I have, and operate the device from the app.

Is there some way to achieve my objective or do I need to return the product to the retail store where I purchased it?

Thanks.

PS.. I have several other TP-Link devices, so please don't misconstrue my privacy concerns with a lack of satisfaction with TP-Link.  It's just that some things are just not negotiable.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to use a TAPO device without the TAPO App and tplinkcloud.com
2023-08-29 08:00:57

@Quarantine 

Hi, 
Currently, Tapo devices only support the Tapo app for configuration and management, and some Tapo Cams also support viewing via RTSP/ONVIF. 
We do not have any information about flash Tasmota and can't provide support for it since it's not our authorized third-party service.

Your understanding is highly appreciated!
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 748

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.