Votes

Activity zones, Privacy Area and Markers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-04 08:59:24
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

The camera has the ability to tilt and pan, but the activity detection and privacy areas only make sense for a given frame. When the camera changes view, the traced areas no longer make sense.
In my opinion it should have the possibility to draw different areas for each marker and the camera should apply them when moving from one marker to another.
Furthermore, it should be possible to define a range (eg +/- 10 degrees horizontal and vertical) of application of the areas. If the camera changes position beyond this range, for example when controlled manually, the activity and privacy zone should not be applied.

Regards,

Andrea

Options
3 Reply
Re:Activity zones, Privacy Area and Markers
2023-09-05 07:33:14

@Andlas 

Hi,
Generally, the camera will move back to the original position after tracking the motion and when there is no motion in front of the camera for 30 seconds, thus the activity zone and privacy area settings for the original position still make sense. However, if you move the camera to the marked position manually, you will need to set new activity zone and privacy area settings.

Thank you for your feedback here, I'll log the feature requests and pass them along to the related team to evaluate. If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.

Best Regards

Options
2023-09-05 09:15:42

@Solla-topee 

ok, but what happens when the camera automatically switches between different markers in patrol mode? The activity and privacy zones remain the same for all locations and this may make patrol mode unusable, don't you think?

Options
2023-09-06 11:03:29

@Andlas 

Hi,
The feature you request makes sense if applies to the usage scenario when enabling the patrol mode. While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Best Regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 258

Replies: 3

Voters 1