Editing maps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Editing maps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Editing maps
Editing maps
2023-09-08 10:49:51
Model: Tapo RV30  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

I recently got a RV30 and it mapped out the downstairs in my house.

One problem that has occurred is that it has physically separated the kitchen from the hall. This means that if I ask the vac to clean the hall (it's based in the kitchen) it won't as it thinks the two room are not connected.

Question: Can i edit the map to join the rooms ( this is not the merge function, i know what that does) this is about editing the map to show the two rooms are linked?

Question 2: can you remap specific rooms of the house. While it done a good job I could have cleared one of the rooms better and hence I would like to remapp only one of the rooms. Is that possible?

Thanks for you help 

Paul

Options
3 Reply
Re:Editing maps
2023-09-13 07:51:24

@PHMT123 

If there are no physical barriers preventing the robot vacuum from entering these two rooms, you can select multiple rooms for cleaning in the app. May I ask if there is a specific reason you would like the map to show these two rooms as "connected"?  Can you provide a drawing or a picture of the layout of your kitchen and hall? 

For Question 2:

If you are referring to the previous absence of coverage on the map due to obstacles in the rooms, there is no need to worry. The robot vacuum will recognize and update the map while cleaning. Additionally, the map supports Divide and Merge functions, allowing you to edit the map and divide it into rooms according to your needs. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-09-13 07:59:24

@PHMT123 

What actually happens is that if for example I set the kitchen to be cleaned only and as part fo that process I close the kitchen door so that bit behind the door gets cleaned then the vac will do that OK but re draw the floor map to show that the kitchen door is now a 'wall' between the kitchen and the hall.

The outcome of that is that if I then ask it to clean the 'hall' it uses the updated map and says it can't reach the hall because of the wall/door!

What I have to do is re clean the kitchen with the door open so that it learns that there is no wall again and then I'm able to do the hall.

I hope this make sense.

It would be useful for it to use a default/master map that was created with doors open rather than update it every clean.

Paul

Options
2023-09-17 06:32:45
Exact same problem. It could be easily solved by allowing the device to attempt to get to the destination. In essence it means every door must always be open when using the device, otherwise the rooms all become blocked. Poor software design.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 619

Replies: 3

Related Articles