Massiv Recording lag problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-09 06:47:10 - last edited 2023-09-11 07:56:02
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.21

When both my cameras detect motion it takes way too long for them to start recording. I have done multiple tests, but the result is the same.

Example: One of the cameras is mounted on the house wall (height about 3 Meters up) and pointing all the way down my front lawn. If I walk in a slow pace towards the camera, I will get into range at about 4-5 Meters, but on the recording I am barely being recorded walking toward and under camera. I am maybe in the frames for 1-2 seconds. Since I am barely visible in the recording, it renders them pretty useless unfortunately :-(

From YouTube video reviews I can see that other people had the same problem. Is this problem being addressed, and how can it be fixed?

I am not sure whether it is related to this other community thread as well: Tapo c420 problem - TP-Link Community.

I hope you can help.

Regards

Michael

Options
1 Reply
Re:Massiv Recording lag problem
2023-09-11 08:19:15

@MichaelRandrup 

Hi, 
Your problem is different from the problem in the thread you listed. Regarding your issue, please help confirm the following information.

1. On the Camera Settings page of the Tapo C420, please send me pictures of the detection settings you have configured, such as the Wake-up Sensitivity, Motion Detection, Person Detection, etc. 
And please send me a picture of the Clip Settings page.

2. You can refer to the link below to see how the Tapo C420 be woken up. Usually, if you walk towards to the camera, it may not be woken up and won't record the motion. You can adjust the direction of the camera for a try.

3. Can you record the video manually on the camera's Live View page and then download the video recordings saved automatically for the same motion? And then please send me a link via private message to download the pictures of your settings and the videos, I'll analyze the issue and provide proper tips.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 270

Replies: 1

Related Articles