No Tapo widgets on new app iOS17?

2023-09-27 20:03:50 - last edited 2023-12-08 06:54:19

I can't see any Tapo widgets on iOS 17. I can see the widgets in the app but when I go to add them to my lock screen I don't see any widgets from Tapo, just other apps. Is this a known bug?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No Tapo widgets on new app iOS17?-Solution
2023-09-28 10:45:21 - last edited 2024-02-02 06:54:24

Don't hesitate to vote for this feature request, make your sound heard!

Lock screen widget for iOS 16+

Related Articles

How to use Widgets to control your Tapo Devices and Tapo Shortcuts on iOS devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:No Tapo widgets on new app iOS17?-Solution
2023-09-28 10:45:21 - last edited 2024-02-02 06:54:24

Don't hesitate to vote for this feature request, make your sound heard!

Lock screen widget for iOS 16+

Related Articles

How to use Widgets to control your Tapo Devices and Tapo Shortcuts on iOS devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:No Tapo widgets on new app iOS17?
2023-12-04 16:15:53

@Wayne-TP 

I have the same issue. The instructions above don't work because Tapo is not listed.

Options
2023-12-08 06:54:11 - last edited 2024-02-02 06:41:16

@Lowermill 

After clicking Edit at the bottom of the leftmost page, cross to the bottom again and select Customize to find Tapo.

The relevant information is presented in Step 3 of the iOS section of this instructions. How to use Widgets to control your Tapo Devices and Tapo Shortcuts

Options
2024-02-01 18:10:23

@Wayne-TP 

TP-link: your instructions reply is incorrect in your description of widgets on iOS

1) the original post is asking about installing widgets on the HOME SCREEN. (For non-iOS users this is the main screen after you unlock, without swiping in any direction that our icons are typically. )

2) you continue to send links to instructions on how to install Tapo widget to TODAY VIEW. This is a special widget panel that is found by swiping right from the HOME SCREEN. 

3) you are correct that you can install widgets to the TODAY VIEW, but this is not what is being asked. We would like widget on the Home Screen. When holding down on the Home Screen, hit the "+" in the top corner, you will see a list of apps to add to the HOME SCREEN, Tapo app does not appear in that list, and does not come up when you search it.

4) I have TP LINK DECO app and Deco app shows up on the HOME SCREEN widget add list. 

As far as I'm concerned there is no current way to add Tapo widget to the HOME SCREEN, I have searched and although there is the option for today view, this is not what is being asked of here.

Thank you,

- Jon

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 1035

Replies: 4

Related Articles