Votes

Multi Functional Relay

Multi Functional Relay
Multi Functional Relay
2023-10-04 16:37:49
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

A smart relay would come in really hand. 
With a multi-functional relay, users can open or close railway curtain, electric window, garage door and  garden irrigation devices

Similar product: Orvibo Multi-Functional Relay - I've been using it for years, but TAPO seems more integrated and looking forward to move everything, but this is necessary for me to do so. 

What are your thoughts?
F.

Options
10 Reply
Re:Multi Functional Relay
2023-10-10 08:32:41

@Fuzzz 

It will be a good inspiration for the product team to develop new products.enlightened

Is anyone else interested in this product? Vote for this post and leave your comment below!

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-02-05 17:47:33

@Wayne-TP 

Yes please. Smart relay is practical to have contact without voltage. Now I use the P100 as a smart relays. It is useful for water irrigation, while you need to use swith on for sever minutes. Applications like a garage door opener is unuseful like a P100, there is not a relay with plug on the market.

Options
2024-06-19 05:06:33

@Wayne-TP 

Yes this would be a great idea, dry relay contacts and also dry input contacts as well so you can get feedback on certain conditions and/or use that to control other things.

I use a product from ControlbyWeb for this now, were they have all sorts of input and output modules which I use for alarms, garage door, etc.

Options
RE:Multi Functional Relay
2024-08-06 14:45:31
+100
Options
2024-08-08 06:48:13
A small smart relay would be nice for wall switch, with a detach relay function too
Options
2024-08-17 05:47:50
Can’t you just use an S210 single gang switch?
Options
2 weeks ago

@Charliepsycho because not everybody likes the switch. Just adding the relay allows for users to retain their original switches, and allow for more choice of switch selection.

Options
2 weeks ago
I wan't to control my blinds with the tapo app but there is no way to do that. As a result I'll have to install a distinct app. I find this silly
Options
2 weeks ago

Kaizoku wrote

@Charliepsycho because not everybody likes the switch. Just adding the relay allows for users to retain their original switches, and allow for more choice of switch selection.

@Kaizoku But if what is wanted is an out-of-sight relay then who cares what it looks like? The s210 is just a wifi controlled relay with a fancy shroud on the front.

I use the s210 as as a relay all the time, to control water valves, pumps, air blowers, 12v lights, anything. Its just a battery powered relay with WiFi, it doesn't care what it switches.

Options
a week ago

Hey @Charliepsycho , indeed sounds like a possible workaround solution, never the less I personally would still rather have a simple eletrical relay.

A couple of reasons from my side:

• Quite a few other brands already offer this, not sure why such a nice solution as TAPO wouldn't
  • Why use the s210 with 8.71 x 8.6 x 4.1 cm; 190 g when there could be a way smaller device with 8.8 x 3.9 x 2.4 cm; 110 g  or less (see example link bellow)
  • Why the need for a battery dependant solution when the device is already relaying electricity? (see example link bellow)

Examples: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09H5BHK8L

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08L5X2S4P

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BZTYHK7X

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08LVC1DP3

Cheers all

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 644

Replies: 10

Voters 5