Tapo Hub doesn't play ringtone when selected in app

2023-10-25 14:08:02 - last edited 2023-10-30 09:50:04
Model: Tapo H100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.9

When I'm in the Tapo app the hub doesn't play anything when I press the Play Ringtone button. It shows up as an event in the log. Any idea what's wrong

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo Hub doesn't play ringtone when selected in app-Solution
2023-10-26 02:00:43 - last edited 2023-10-30 09:50:04

@dmackenzie 

Try to adjust the ringtone volume to High. And switch different ringtones for testing. 

If there is still no sound, try to factory reset this device and reconfigure it. 

How to factory reset Tapo Hub H100?  Press and hold the SYNC for 10 seconds to restore your hub to factory default settings. The LED blinking orange indicates a successful factory reset. And you can reconfigure the hub in the Tapo app.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
13 Reply
Re:Tapo Hub doesn't play ringtone when selected in app-Solution
2023-10-26 02:00:43 - last edited 2023-10-30 09:50:04

@dmackenzie 

Try to adjust the ringtone volume to High. And switch different ringtones for testing. 

If there is still no sound, try to factory reset this device and reconfigure it. 

How to factory reset Tapo Hub H100?  Press and hold the SYNC for 10 seconds to restore your hub to factory default settings. The LED blinking orange indicates a successful factory reset. And you can reconfigure the hub in the Tapo app.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo Hub doesn't play ringtone when selected in app
2023-10-26 13:39:45

@Wayne-TP did a factory reset. Didn't make any difference. Still no sound. 

Options
2023-10-30 09:49:58

@dmackenzie 

This sounds like a hardware issue with its speaker. Please contact the retailer or local TP-Link support to proceed with the warranty. 

Options
2023-10-30 09:51:57

@Wayne-TP thanks. I'll do that. 

Options
2023-11-15 10:17:03

@dmackenzie Hello did you resolved the issue? Ihave exact same problem.

Options
2023-11-15 11:55:04

@Welna84 I sent it back to Amazon for a replacement. The new one worked fine. 

Options
2024-01-06 09:38:25

@dmackenzie Possible issues could include software glitches, compatibility problems, or settings misconfigurations. Ensure your Tapo Hub's firmware is updated, check app settings for ringtone preferences, and contact Tapo support for specific troubleshooting tailored to your device and version.

Options
2024-01-10 08:08:36

@dmackenzie You can Check the network connection and volume settings on your device. If the problem persists, contact Tapo technical support.

Options
2024-03-12 02:03:38

I had this issue with my hub... the smart action just wouldn't work.

Turned out that anything made using the "Build a smart" action just didn't work, but when I just made one from scratch (go the the main Tapo screen, and tap the box that says Smart) it works fine. I hope this helps someone. 

Options
2024-03-13 08:45:14

ark4peace wrote

I had this issue with my hub... the smart action just wouldn't work.

Turned out that anything made using the "Build a smart" action just didn't work, but when I just made one from scratch (go the the main Tapo screen, and tap the box that says Smart) it works fine. I hope this helps someone. 

@ark4peace 

Automations added from the product page's "Explore Smart Action" are identical to those added through the "smart" tab.

The former serves as a convenient access point, offering some common automations related to the product. Automations created via this access point can be found and further customized in the smart tab.

In your case, you might want to check if you've added any duplicate automation rules through this entry or double-check if the related settings are correctly configured. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 896

Replies: 13

Related Articles