Tapo Hub doesn't play ringtone when selected in app

Tapo Hub doesn't play ringtone when selected in app

15 Reply
Re:Tapo Hub doesn't play ringtone when selected in app
2024-03-14 15:34:04

@Wayne-TP Thanks for checking in. I understand what you are saying - theoretically, they are the same. But the fact is, it just didn't work when generated from the explore smart actions route, even when I double and triple and quadrouple checked the options and setup. Something is clearly not predefined properly. I'll let your engineers figure out what, haha, I'm sure they have the tools to see what's going on in the backend. I just put this here so if anyone else has this issue (which it seems like people do) they will see this option to try.

Options
2024-03-18 03:46:08

@ark4peace 

Do you always manage to reproduce this issue on your end? What version of the app are you using? Are all the device firmware up to date?

If the issue is consistent, we'd like to follow up on this via email to investigate further and understand what's happening, if you're willing.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-03-23 10:03:26

@Wayne-TP 

Hi, just to follow up on this as i've just encountered same issue.

Tapo H200 broke after firmware update?

17 minutes ago

Model: Tapo H200  

Hardware Version: V1

Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20240221 rel.53262

Recently had a firmware update prompt, which i did, 1.3.0 Build 20240221 rel.53262.

However i noticed that my Hub is no longer able to ring / siren, be it via

1) manual testing within the Ringtone settings or

2) trying triggering via my paired doorbell pressed or motion detection

3) automation 

4) Doorbell Ring -> Ring connected Hub -> Hub Sound settings

The Play Ringtone on the hub is always reflected permanently at "Playing..." (Press again to stop but it auto reverted back to playing)

Have already tried resetting the hub & running out of ideas.

So is this a known firmware issue or an isolated hardware issue?

If hardware, kindly advise on the RMA procedures under the 1 year warranty, purchased via Challenger online (Doorbell Tapo D230S1) in Singapore.

Sigh, to think i had high hopes on Tapo after swiching from various other brands 

Options
2024-08-24 19:41:30

@ark4peace I am having this exact same issue. Just bought cameras, door alarms and doorbell. The door alarms won't play the selected audio when selected. I've updated the firmware and everything

Options
2024-08-27 02:42:47

@CuriousArty 

1. Try to restart the hub. 

2. Perform a ping test on the Tapo hub within the local network to verify if the control failure is due to a connectivity issue.

• Download an app that supports the Ping function, such as the Network Analyzer.
  • Find Tapo hub's IP address in the Tapo App: Device page -> Device Settings -> Device Info.
  • Connect phone to the same WiFi network as the Tapo hub.
  • Ping Tapo hub's IP address.

If the ping to the hub fails, try pinging other devices on the same network, such as other Tapo devices, your mobile phone, or a computer. If pinging other devices also fails, it's recommended to use another mobile device to download the Tapo app and try controlling the Tapo hub. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Related Articles