Limit movement

Votes

Limit movement

17 Reply
Re:Limit movement
2024-05-07 06:09:51

@Solla-topee 

I am also facing same issue.

The camera after tracking the motion should move back to the home/Set position.

Switching off motion tracking is not a solution, as it makes my C210 useless as it will not cover larger area.

All i want is the ability for the camera to return to a set position when it is not tracking anything.

Even the patrol mode does not have limit as it has wall on 2 sides but it still patroles to that sides

Options
2024-05-08 12:04:57

@apoorv-ch 

Hi,
Usually, the camera recognizes the position where you enable the motion tracking feature as the home position, and it will return to that position automatically after tracking if no more motion is detected for 30 seconds.
Best Regards

Options
RE:Limit movement
2024-05-12 10:19:26
This is a must have to comply with EU law (GDPR), regarding rights to one's image. You can't activate this and have the camera rotate to outside your property.
Options
2024-05-12 10:44:04

@LcamSantaMaria Hm, very interesting. Could you quote the exact article?

Options
2024-05-24 09:47:45 - last edited 2024-05-24 09:48:46

So this has been a request for a while now and nothing done about it. Pretty poor TP-Link :(

I have the camera looking out one of our windows to the outside, however every so often when it tracks something from the outside, it follows whatever it is to the edge of the window then catches the TV in the corner and detects that as movement. It will then sit looking at the TV for ages and ignore what we want it to look at, the outside!

It is frustrating and makes the camera useless for us.

The Activity Zones section in Motion Detection is essentially useless as well, if the camera moves the settings don't apply.

A quick fix seems like limiting the rotation would solve it, but a better (and probably more difficult fix) would be to allow for a line that the camera would no longer track when it is rotating.

Options
a week ago
This would be great improvement :-)
Options
Monday

@toshocorp 

I need this feature as well,

Tracking curently focus on moving tree in background, it's very annoying

Options

Voters 8