Votes

Tapo App availability on Windows

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC. Please vote on the main thread.
2023-11-06 17:56:50 - last edited 2024-01-15 03:30:07
Model: Tapo C100   Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Right, I know I can view my IP camera from my PC through several means, such as 

1. Using Onvif or RTSP, I can stream my IP camera feed through 

• 3rd party Windows apps such as iSpy, Camlytic, or just a simple VLC
  • using NVR and connecting my PC to the NVR instead of connecting to my IP camera

2. using Tapo Android app that (as of now) can only be accessed by using

• Android emulator, which sometimes screws up the resolution and orientation since the app is designed for phones, not pc, and often can't be opened. 
  • Using Windows Android subsystem, which is only available to the USA and a few nations, and even if my nation is also included in the list, I still need to find an unofficial app from the internet since apparently (as of my knowledge) Tapo app isn't available on Amazon App Store.

Look, I also have Tp Link NC200, bought in 2016, and right now, it is still alive. In its heyday, I can view my NC200 feed from www.tplinkcloud.com. Although, right now the web is no longer usable since Adobe stopped supporting Flash Player. So, the NC series already provided an example of how to offer simplicity for user to view Tapo from a Windows PC. The Dev can make a website simmilar to the NC series, or make the Tapo App available for Windows.

I just want to access my Tapo recording from my PC. Can I only do such a thing by using an Android emulator or using NVR? Does TP-Link have any plan to expand Tapo App availability to Windows PCs in the future?  Will Matter certification make any difference? Like for example, after Matter certified, can I pair my IP camera to an app that is available on Windows PC?

Note, I already gave feedback to Tapo app email, but I got no response, so I hope somebody from Tp-Link will reply to my thread.

Options
11 Reply
Re:Tapo App availability on Windows
2023-11-07 09:01:59

@praxsi 

Hi, 
Thank you for your feedback here. We don't have any specific details that I can share about whether a new Tapo app will be available for the Windows PC to stream the Tapo cameras and when it might, however, I'll continue logging the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate. 
Currently, we don't have a matter-supported camera, and it's hard to say whether the requested feature will be available on the camera or not. When a matter-supported camera is available, the related information/feature will be introduced.
It's suggested to pay attention to our official website, and any updates will be uploaded to the website in time.

If other users have the same request to add a new Tapo app for the Windows PC, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.

Best Regards

Options
2023-11-07 11:06:03

@Solla-topee Thank you for your reply, I have a few alternative for Tapo to be available on windows (sorted by level of difficulty) :

• register the Tapo app to Amazon Appstore, and wait for Android Subsystem to be widely available on Windows
  • the dev can submit the app to Windows Store (with the application extension of .appx instead of android .apk)
  • make a brand new Tapo Windows Software (with extension of .exe)
  • Or lastly make a website just like Ip Cam NC Series

Users of Tp Link Community, I hope for your vote on this thread to make this feature became reality, thank you.

Options
RE:Tapo App availability on Windows
2023-12-19 13:42:08
Should be accessible from Browser interface
Options
2023-12-19 17:09:00

@imjayaprakash this is also what TP-Link Ip Cam NC series can do, but the Ip Camera Tapo series cannot do, yet. In NC series, we can access ip camera feedback via web browser by entering the local IP addres of the Ip Camera on the browser, installing the add ons to view the video feedback, and its done.

Options
2023-12-29 21:55:14
I have been wanting this for over a year now and only today i find this thread... i don't think the majority of the customers would now where and if they can vote... maybe send an email so they are aware and then you shall have the right info of is it something that is needed to do as a service and to stand out from the competion.
Options
2024-03-19 09:46:12
HI ARE THERE ANY UPDATES ON BEING ABLE TO USE A TAPO APP ON WINDOWS? THANKS STEPHEN
Options
2024-03-30 10:36:59

Please try TeamViewer

Options
2024-03-30 10:39:53

Please try the app, Link to Windows, as well.

For people with Samsung smartphone that support DEX, try using it locally with a PC running Windows.

Options
2024-03-30 16:10:50

please publish the windows utility for tapo cameras. everyone buys your products considering it's a default feature for any camera then discover it's not available. disappointing

Options
3 weeks ago

@praxsi Yes please. Urgently needed. Migrating from Reolink because TP-Link has better wifi and this is a real deal-breaker. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 2524

Replies: 11