Votes

Cameras - google home / assistant integration not working - FALSE ADVERTISING BY TAPO.

Votes

Cameras - google home / assistant integration not working - FALSE ADVERTISING BY TAPO.

35 Reply
Re:Cameras - google home integration not working
Saturday

@Solla-topee is this Google-home enabled rollout also part of the 1.09 firmware for the C225?

Options
Saturday

@Solla-topee and when you say this feature will require the relevant cloud services, do you mean a Tapo cloud account? Because if that's so I really will stop using them. It makes no sense that I need a cloud account to view a camera on my home network through a another device on my home network, and so would just be more money-grabbing - the same as not being able to delete individual files from an SD card unless you have an account.

Options
Yesterday

@Grey_Area 

Hi,
For the Tapo C225, the firmware v1.0.9 does not support to be viewed via the Google Home app. This feature may be supported in later firmware releases, but we do not have specific information on which firmware version will add this feature.

As you can see in the below instructions, it's required to sign in TP-Link cloud account when connecting the Tapo device to Google Home. However, please distinguish from the Tapo Care subscription service, working with Google Home is for free.
How to connect my Tapo smart device to Google Home

Best Regards

Options
Yesterday

@Solla-topee just to be clear;

The current version of "works with Google" does NOT require a Tapo-Care subscription; but can you confirm that future versions supporting display of the camera's feed via the Google Home app will also be free?

Thank you.

Options
11 hours ago

@Grey_Area  

Hi,
Yes, watching camera's live feed via Google Home app will be free.
Best Regards

Options

Voters 19

+ 15 Voters