C220 pairs - then disappears on the app list

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-17 15:56:22 - last edited 2023-12-01 06:23:10
Model: Tapo C220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just got a new Tapo C220.

I set it up like instructed, got it paired and was showing up on the Tapo App list of devices.

Then when i reopened the app, the device is no longer paired and cannot be detected.

ive resetted 5 times, all same result.

what can i do next?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:C220 pairs - then disappears on the app list-Solution
2023-11-20 10:30:22 - last edited 2023-12-01 06:23:10

@Basit12 

What's the LED status of the camera after the configuration? Is it solid green? Or orange?

Try reloading or reopening Tapo App when your phone is connected to the same WiFi network as the camera. If the camera is visible in the local network but disappears when switching to a remote network (such as mobile data), check for router settings that might block the internet access for this camera. You may try to change the router DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

For further testing, consider creating a guest WiFi or using a mobile hotspot to connect this Tapo C225. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-01 06:23:00 - last edited 2023-12-01 06:23:12

@fairwolf 

The orange LED tells me the camera is now connected to the WiFi successfully, but it failed to connect to the cloud server (remote control unavailable).

This camera should be manageable in the local WiFi. Ensure your phone connects to the router WiFi and check if you can find the camera in the App. 

For the remote control failure issue, take a look at the tips provided in this troubleshooting guide. What to do if I can't control my Tapo cameras on the Tapo app?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2023-11-20 10:30:22 - last edited 2023-12-01 06:23:10

@Basit12 

What's the LED status of the camera after the configuration? Is it solid green? Or orange?

Try reloading or reopening Tapo App when your phone is connected to the same WiFi network as the camera. If the camera is visible in the local network but disappears when switching to a remote network (such as mobile data), check for router settings that might block the internet access for this camera. You may try to change the router DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

For further testing, consider creating a guest WiFi or using a mobile hotspot to connect this Tapo C225. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:C220 pairs - then disappears on the app list
2023-11-29 08:56:22

@Basit12 I have the same issue. It pairs with the TAPO Wifi, connects to my home Wifi, then it disappears from the list and reains with an orange light...

Options
2023-12-01 06:23:00 - last edited 2023-12-01 06:23:12

@fairwolf 

The orange LED tells me the camera is now connected to the WiFi successfully, but it failed to connect to the cloud server (remote control unavailable).

This camera should be manageable in the local WiFi. Ensure your phone connects to the router WiFi and check if you can find the camera in the App. 

For the remote control failure issue, take a look at the tips provided in this troubleshooting guide. What to do if I can't control my Tapo cameras on the Tapo app?

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 319

Replies: 3

Related Articles