Troubleshooting What to do if I can't control my Tapo cameras on the Tapo app?
Generally, you can control your Tapo camera once it’s configured via the Tapo app. If you are unable to control your camera, here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow.
Part 1. Confirm if you are unable to control the Tapo camera in the local network or remote network.
1. Connect your phone to the same Wi-Fi network as the Tapo camera, force close the Tapo app, and then open it to control the Tapo camera.
If failed, refer to Part 2 to troubleshoot.
2. If you can control the Tapo camera on the Tapo app when connecting your phone to the same Wi-Fi network as the camera but fail when your phone uses other networks (such as your mobile data), refer to Part 3 to troubleshoot.
Part 2. Unable to control the Tapo camera in the local network.
1. Check the LED status on the Tapo camera as per its UG on the official website.
If the LED status shows the camera is not configured successfully, reset it and reconfigure it.
2. Ensure the router is working fine.
You can connect your phone or laptop to the Wi-Fi network of your router and then confirm if the router is working.
3. Check if any MAC filtering, Blocklist, and firewall rules on the router.
If yes, disable the rules, reboot the router, and reboot the Tapo camera for a try.
4. Move the Tapo camera closer to the router, in case the bad signal causes the problem.
5. Update the firmware of the Tapo camera to the latest one.
Part 3. Unable to control the Tapo camera remotely.
1. Ensure you can control the Tapo camera in the local network.
If you can’t control the camera in the local network, please refer to the Part 2 to troubleshoot.
2. Upgrade the firmware of your Tapo camera to the latest one.
How to update the firmware of the Tapo & Kasa devices on the Tapo App?
3. Try to change the DNS server on your home router.
4. Disable Firewall rules, Access Control, and Parental Control entries on your home router if there is one, then reboot the router.
If the problem remains, please leave your comments or provide the following information via private message(send a message to @Solla-topee, make sure you've registered or logged in with your TP-Link ID in our community first) with the format 'Forum ID 623524+ Tapo camera’s model number + local control/remote control is not working', and then our support will continue to help with your case.
1) The MAC address and model number of your Tapo camera.
2) Your network diagram, such as ISP—wireless router ))) ((( Tapo C200.
3) The model number of your wireless router.
Tapo Camera Fails to Be Controlled Remotely if the password of TP-Link ID Contains Characters Like %