Tapo Camera Fails to Be Controlled Remotely if the password of TP-Link ID Contains Characters Like %

Tapo Camera Fails to Be Controlled Remotely if the password of TP-Link ID Contains Characters Like %

2023-08-11 11:10:49 - last edited 2023-11-02 08:36:08

This Article Applies to:

Tapo C320WS V2/C500/C225/C325/C510

Issue Description/Phenomenon:

Some customers may report they can watch live and control their Tapo cameras when connecting the phone to the same Wi-Fi network, however, they're unable to access specific cameras remotely from an outside network or via 4G mobile data. 

This issue may happen on Tapo C320WS V2/C500/C225/C325/C510, and other cameras like Tapo C200, C210, C320WS V1, etc. bound to the same TP-Link ID do not have such issues when under the same network.

Available Solution:

1. Aftering investigating and working with some of the customers, we are able to address that the issue may occur if there are some special characters like % in specific locations of the password.

As a workaround, it's suggested to change the password of the TP-Link ID to a different one without the character % for a try.

You can launch the Tapo App > Me > click on the Account name > Change Password, enter your current password and set a new one. Or if you don't remember the old password for your TP-Link ID, please follow the below FAQ to reset the password:
What can I do if I forget my password of the cloud account?

2. This issue is expected to be fixed in the upcoming official release, please pay close attention to the Firmware Update on the Tapo app and update the firmware in time when it's available.
How to update the firmware of Tapo devices in the Tapo App?

For urgent help, please send the model number and MAC address of the Tapo Camera via private message(send a message to @Solla-topee, make sure you've registered or logged in with your TP-Link ID in our community first) with the format 'Forum ID 618434+ Tapo Cam's model + MAC+ Tapo Cam fail to be controlled remotely because the password of the TP-Link ID', and then our support will continue to help with your case.

Options