Tapo/Kasa Camera drops out or fails to connect to Spectrum router: SAX1V1S/SAX2V1S/SAX1V1K/SAX2V1K

Tapo/Kasa Camera drops out or fails to connect to Spectrum router: SAX1V1S/SAX2V1S/SAX1V1K/SAX2V1K

2024-01-20 11:06:54

This Article Applies to: 

All Tapo & Kasa Cameras

Phenomenon description:

The Tapo/Kasa camera unexpectedly loses Wi-Fi connection with the Spectrum router, and the camera reports failed to receive an IP address when attempting to reconfigure it.
Note: The relevant Spectrum router's model number is SAX1V1S, SAX2V1S, SAX1V1K, or SAX2V1K.

Workaround:

After thorough analysis, we have determined that the Tapo cameras are disregarding the IP address assigned by the Spectrum router due to the presence of an incorrect UDP checksum in the packets sent by the router. We suspect that it is caused by the recent firmware upgrade of the Spectrum router. 

We are actively liaising with Spectrum to work towards a solution, simultaneously, we have developed new firmware for this issue. It's recommended to restart the Spectrum router first and check if this operation will solve the issue, then you can refer to the following step to try the new firmware.

1. Reset your camera and reconfigure it to connect it to a new Wi-Fi network. If you do not have another Wi-Fi router to provide a new Wi-Fi network, try to enable a 2.4G hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, then reset and reconfigure your camera with a different phone.
How to reset my Tapo camera?
How to set up the Tapo camera?
How do I set up my Kasa Cam?

2. After the camera is configured successfully, send me the MAC address of your camera via a private message to get the new firmware. 

3. Update the firmware of the camera via the TP-Link app.
How to update the firmware of the Tapo&Kasa devices on the Tapo App?
How to update the firmware of Kasa smart devices?

4. Reset the camera and reconfigure it to connect it to the Spectrum router after the firmware is updated.

More Articles:

What to do if I can't control my Tapo cameras on the Tapo app?

What to do if my Tapo Camera gets bricked after a firmware update?
What can I do if the battery-powered cameras fail to pair with the Tapo H200?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo/Kasa Camera drops out or fails to connect to Spectrum router: SAX1V1S/SAX2V1S/SAX1V1K/SAX2V1K
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Hi, 

I am having this exact issue with my Kasa. It will just not connect to Spectrum, but it does connect to other devises. My MAC is C0:06:C3:9B:DD:AE

Hope you can help. Thanks 

Yoyo

Options
Re:Tapo/Kasa Camera drops out or fails to connect to Spectrum router: SAX1V1S/SAX2V1S/SAX1V1K/SAX2V1K
2 weeks ago

@Yamahaval 

Hi,
For the KC105(US) V2, the latest firmware(2.3.24 Build 20231225 rel.50792) has solved the problem. If your camera's firmware is not the latest one, please connect your camera to another Wi-Fi network to update the firmware first.

If your camera has the latest firmware, it may be a different issue than the one posted in this thread. Please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1) Please describe the detailed problem phenomenon.
2) Your network diagram.
3) What's the model number of your router?

Best Regards

Options