Control Other Alexa Groups, or just Tapo devices??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-27 15:12:11
Model: Tapo H100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I haven't bought this, but I'm looking for a) a new wireless doorbell and b) a way of controlling other (sonoff) controlled Alexa groups, by the push of a button instead of always by voice. Looks like I can kill two birds with one stone!

Can I set the Tapo smart buttons to control anything via Alexa, or just other Tapo devices connected to the hub? I'm hoping I can set a routine to do just about anything when pressed, but I can't find an anwer!

Also, the full-sized smart switches, are they only to replace actual lightswitches? Are there any smart buttons that are stand-alone that can control other Alexa devices or routines, just by pushing them, or just the mini Smart buttons S200B

On Amazon I can see two different smart buttons, S200B and S20D, what's the difference?

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Control Other Alexa Groups, or just Tapo devices??
2023-11-29 08:14:32

@b3nb123 

I don't think tapo has full access to Alexa. But activating routine works, for me at least.

Options
2023-11-29 15:07:04

@GabrielMitch I'm wondering, if, from the Alexa app, when creating a new routine, the trigger could be 'smart home' then would it find a tapo event, that could be used as the condition that starts off the routine. 

I guess there'd be a Tapo 'skill' to add to my alexa app first 

It's the sort of thing I can't try without buying one! 

Options
2023-11-30 06:41:37

@b3nb123 

I do see a tapo event can activate an alexa routine, like when the smart button is pressed, when my camera detects a movement, if that's what you're looking for. 

Options
2023-11-30 09:08:26

@GabrielMitch Thanks - that's exactly what I needed to know! I'd like a smart button that turns on my outdoor lighting (that are controlled by two separate Sonoff swtiches) rather than speaking to the Echo, or loading the Alexa App every time I let the dog out late at night

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 568

Replies: 4

Related Articles