Procedure to downgrade firmware on Tapo P110
Procedure to downgrade firmware on Tapo P110
2023-11-28 15:54:34 - last edited 2023-12-08 03:42:02
Tags: #Tapo
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi,

could anyone please provide a procedure to perform  a firmware downgrade on Tapo plugs?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Procedure to downgrade firmware on Tapo P110-Solution
2023-12-08 03:41:59 - last edited 2023-12-08 03:42:02

@Tommy_2023 

Consider re-posting a description of the specific problem you are experiencing, including the product model, hardware and software version, details of the problem, and troubleshooting measures you have tried. This can you get more targeted and effective advice from other experienced users or our official team.

Note: If your case is related to the open-source use of the device, it is recommended to look for the author who provided you with the instructions and configuration files in the first place to update the relevant files.

To ensure the performance of the device and the stability of cloud-related services, the API files of TP-Link smart home devices are non-public. As the product software is updated, there is a risk that such product information and services obtained through unofficial means may become abnormal or unusable. This kind of usage is not officially recommended and support services cannot be provided.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Procedure to downgrade firmware on Tapo P110
2023-11-30 06:31:24

@SanBitter 

No related information can be found on TP-Link website at the moment. What made you think of it?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-12-07 07:40:58 - last edited 2023-12-07 07:41:58

@SanBitter 

I would like to downgrade my P110 too. After the last update my complete smart home control does not work any longer.

The Tapo Support couldn't really help me.

Options
Re:Procedure to downgrade firmware on Tapo P110-Solution
2023-12-08 03:41:59 - last edited 2023-12-08 03:42:02

@Tommy_2023 

Consider re-posting a description of the specific problem you are experiencing, including the product model, hardware and software version, details of the problem, and troubleshooting measures you have tried. This can you get more targeted and effective advice from other experienced users or our official team.

Note: If your case is related to the open-source use of the device, it is recommended to look for the author who provided you with the instructions and configuration files in the first place to update the relevant files.

To ensure the performance of the device and the stability of cloud-related services, the API files of TP-Link smart home devices are non-public. As the product software is updated, there is a risk that such product information and services obtained through unofficial means may become abnormal or unusable. This kind of usage is not officially recommended and support services cannot be provided.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-11 21:06:33

@SanBitter Is your power on/off toggling broken? 

Options
2024-02-10 03:48:49

@SanBitter Did you find a solution to this?

I've just purchased a new P110 and fortunately it still had the old firmware loaded.

I followed the normal setup routine in Tapo but killed it when prompting to check for latest hardware.
When I went back in to Tapo, the first thing I did was to turn off automatic updates for firmware.

I can once again use my Node Red automations for checking energy use.

TP-Link - It's really sad that you release new firmware without considering the user community who use and love your products.

Continuing support = Continuing sales

In case you haven't noticed, your products are very popular in the home automation community but you will soon lose out to those who actively support such endeavours.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 760

Replies: 5

Tags

Tapo
Related Articles